3T mutant Stem

TTT mutant

Andy   Racer [Mar 07, 2001]
Strength:

Strength, awesome appearance, nice sturdy feel

Weight (not a real big issue though - its not bad)

What a beautiful objet de bike! Extraordinary design, beautiful lines and form. When it's not on my bike I put it on my mantlepiece to impress the neighbours. (It won a major US design award).

Extremely sturdy and strong (maybe a tad heavy perhaps). The most effective and sexy a-head stem I've used. Cinelli have now copied it more or less (I think TTT is owned by them anyway...), but the original is still the sexier.

When you are feeling pain and pushing hard, focus on the beatiful mutant ahead of you; makes all those hard k's seem not so bad.

Similar Products Used: Cinelli Sesamo, Profile ahead
Steve   Racer [Mar 07, 2000]
Strength:

It's strength

It's looks

I dont know what the planned demographics were for this stem but I have it on my road bike and it works pretty well. No creak's no sqeak's and no flex, a company would have to be pretty inept to screw something as simple as a threadless stem up. The only thing that bothers me about it are its looks, it truly does look like a mutant. To me it seems out of place on my road bike...but it was the only one that met my criteria. Being that the face plate absolutly had to be removable, otherwise the size and lenght is right. I havent seen many companies that make a 1" steerer tube holed removable face plate stem. Atleast not as many as there 1 1/8" holed stems. I'll take on flaming burrito away for looks.

Cholo   Racer [Nov 21, 1999]
Strength:

Looks (subjective)

I'm very disappointed with the quality of this product. The headset surface is not square with the steerer tube, thus causing the headset to either bind or be loose. I have yet to contact the manufacturer about this problem.