SRAM 2002 Rocket™ half pipe shifter Shifter

2002 Rocket™ half pipe shifter

• SRAM patented "SRS" technology: speed release spool shifting, enhanced mechanical feel, light precision indexing
  • "Half Pipe" grip length: all time shifting, shift from all positions on the handlebar
  • Quick view mechanical gear indicator
  • Tethered "Never Lose" cable replacement port: easy cable change
  • Detailed specifications: 9-speed compatible Shimano®, 80mm gripping length (front and rear), Teflon® coated cable, Grilon® composite construction, index and micro-adjust front shifter options

• User Reviews (3)

Guillaume Carle   Cross Country Rider [Sep 12, 2005]
    Strength:

works fine, no compatibility flaw with shimano. Accurate shifting even with some mud.

cable can be hard to change sometime, but no big deal.

I used this set for two seasons and I really love it. I do recommend it. Never had any problem. I am a mech level 2 and never see any client with some problem neither with this model. Not 5 chilis for overall rating, cause I know there are some better like the x.0 kit and xtr dual. But the half pipe are the best value rating all around for twisters.

Similar Products Used: sachs, sram trigger x.9, xt dual control and some cheap like acera, alivio, etc.
    Scott   Weekend Warrior [Dec 09, 2002]
    Strength:

Easy to install, I just purchased these and installed them. The entire process only took about 45 min. Adjustment was easy and they appear to work as advertised. Multiple gear jumps are just a twist away and are much more intutitive than the LX units my bike came with. I will review again when I have some miles on them but my initial impression is a great set of shifters for a great price.

None seen yet

A solid upgrade for those who have lower end Shimano shifters. I rode a friends older bike several weeks ago with grip shifters and on the trail they make a big differencein your ability to get in the right gear at any time. Looks like a great upgrade for not much money.