USE Alien RX Shokpost Seatpost

Alien RX Shokpost

Our road/cross specific post is a shorter travel version of the acclaimed XCR. Incorporating our proven coil and elastomer internals, the RX offers pot-hole and frost heave eating suspension without energy-sapping, pedal-induced bob or pogo. For 2001 we have added the revolutionary Alien seat clamp and increased the travel to 1.5" - the RX continues to be the undisputed lightest suspension seat post in the world!

Babar the elephant man   Weekend Warrior [Apr 12, 2003]
Strength:

N/A

Everything except the colors. every time i sit on it it bottoms out -i only way 130- so this is a truely sad piece of metal. noisy jerky extremly loose p.o.s.

a pitiful thing for a pitiful compny. dont buy. buy something on e-bay first.

Similar Products Used: godforbid that -big lots merchandise-
Adrian von Borcke   Weekend Warrior [Oct 10, 2002]
Strength:

Low weight, looks, excellent size adapter 'shims'

very awkward seat rail clamp, dubious reliability, high price, small diameter tubing

The very awkward 'Alien' seat rail clamp is not only exses-sively complicated to install, but its off-set design is bound to break even CrMo saddle rails rather sooner than later. Worse is that after less than 50 miles of light duty use my XCR ShokPost creaks badly when any lateral force is applied. The USE 'boys' so far have been most unhelpful and suggest the noise originates elsewhere (b.s.!!!). Verdict: overpriced, not even suitable for light duty use, lousy customer support - in short: spend your money elsewhere!

Similar Products Used: RockShok suspension seat post
Luis Margheritis   Weekend Warrior [Feb 22, 2005]
Strength:

Light weight. Aside from that there is little other appeal. Look for other reviews on the internet concerning durability and ease of use.

Quality control is the #1 biggest complaint I have. If you purchase one remove the seat clamp from the head of the seat post and check the head to be sure it is true. My local shop and I inspected roughly 10 to try and find me one that did not cause the seat to list to one side due to improper machine work on the head. We were unable to find one that I even found to be "close enough". I am currently using Cannondale's Carbon seatpost and waiting for a reply from U.S.E. / Epic

Like I mentioned above. If you are very particular about quality this is not a product for you. This product is exactly what they advertise. (lightest/strength in the market). Nothing more. I like the clamp technology and I applaud them for enginuity. If only they had the quality control.