Titec X-Wing Carbon 191 Seatpost

X-Wing Carbon 191

Leading edge carbon technology, unmatched durability, and a great price – all standard on our new Carbon-191! Available in two lengths: traditional 350mm, and extra-long 390mm.

• Material: Carbon Fiber
  • Offset: 25mm (1")

• User Reviews (4)

just a mountain biker   Racer [Sep 09, 2002]
    Strength:

Cool looks, light weight, ease of setup, very strong.

hard pressed to find any yet.

Hey its a seat post. Titec has really improved its seat clamp mechanism. I have not had any trouble with this post. It is very quick and easy to install, new clamp is very nice, unlike the old micro-adjust style. The Carbon Fiber design is really strong. I have ridden for several consecutive hours on all types of terrain, no noise, no movement.
    This post replaced my ti (warranty) post also a titec, Mike King and the people at Titec should be commended for their quick and timely warranty replacment program.
    This post looks great and works great. It is very sound and solid. Install it and forget about it!!
    If you are a rider that is looking for comfort, light weight and ease of maintenance than this is the right post for you.

Similar Products Used: Thomson (Bent), Syncros, Titec ti, U.S.E. susupension, Easton Carbon...
    Bizario   Cross Country Rider [Jan 06, 2003]
    Strength:

Looks good, Light & does it's job.

Seems to be just a hair oversize.

I know that the X wing design has had allot of bad publicity for coming loose. I have had this seat post for about 7 months now and it has stayed tight the whole time. I ride year around here in Montana and the temperature change hasn’t affected it. The post size does seam a bit larger then others. I haven’t checked it with a micrometer but coupled with my Mount Vision Pro having a tight seat tube and this post it gets pretty snug. I tried it in my GT Zaskar and it fit ok there as well as the Syncros post from the GT fit my Mount Vision Pro fine. Maybe I need to do a trade;o) Bottom line is this post is light and holds the seat where it belongs.

Similar Products Used: Syncros, Control Tech, and Others
    Lit   Cross Country Rider [Jun 17, 2002]
    Strength:

None that I found

Seat Clamp. Cannot keep it tight.

This seat post SUCKS!!! The seatpost will not stay in place. After about five minutes into a ride the seatpost will have already slide down about three inches. I hace tried different seat clamps and without lube. The thing just will not stay tight. I have had four other seatposts in my frame with no problems. I finally got in touch with Mike King at Titec and shipped it out to him. He said he checked it out and it meets the tolerances, so they are responsible to provide a replacement. Sounds to me like thier tolerances are a little to loose. He said he would give me a $20 credit torward the purchase of another product, after I had already spent $7 on shipping. I can't believe I wasted my time and money on this Titec crap.

Bruno Abreu   Cross Country Rider [Nov 19, 2002]
    Strength:

Strog, light, good seatclamp fasten the saddle really tight, verry good vibration absortion

None yet

At firt place I bought them because carbon has good shock absorbing properties ( my aluminium hardtail was kind of unconfortable to ¨seat on¨in bumpy trails) So I visited the Titec website to check out what they had to offer in carbon seatposts (I have a great respect for those guys at Titec since they came out in the early 90´s with their 118Ti bar and also trust their warranty politics)their products realy bring you what they promisse!!! After I installed this seatpost my bike went 100 grams lighter and much more confortable to ride in iregular terrain and it also took an respectable amount of bumping without sliding down and/or showing any kind of cracking or damage. I strongly recomend them to any Cross Country Rider!!!