Titec Knock 'Scoper Seatpost

Knock 'Scoper

• Material: 7075-T6 Heat Treated Aluminium
  • Offset: .75"

alan   Weekend Warrior [Feb 13, 2007]
Strength:

god sent for small set tube frames , made by titec

top clamp is the suk

by this goose if you climp in the saddle , it works , i had to cut 2' off the bottum cause it was to long fully compressed, the top clamp lever bent cause its hard to get it tight and not move around , i replased the top lever with a salsa lever and was night and day , i can climb hills with my legs extended , and i can bobm down hill with the seat on the frame , i love it :) way to go titec
by it if you climb on your DH , just replace the top clamp with one stronger ( 10$ LBS)

Similar Products Used: titech nockpost ( rules)
Mike   Weekend Warrior [Mar 11, 2006]
Strength:

I can't say that I have found any yet.

This is a Gimmic, I see very little value in a telescoping seatpost that you couldn't otherwise recieve from a solid one piece seat post. Titec should work on perfecting its cheap quality seat clamp before it tacles a telescoper which I feel is redundant anyhow. Shinji Mizutani the owner of Titec does not have the best reputation for quality or even a very good human rights policy for his workers. I will never buy Titec components or even bike a bike containing a Titec component.

The Titec Scoper is of poor quality and should be used under careful supervision by a loved one, proper lubrication is also recommended for this product. In reference to the Titec Scoper's use on the bicycle, I wouldn't attempt it!

Similar Products Used: A corkscrew may be the best comparison I can make...
Kenyon   Downhiller [Sep 15, 2006]
Strength:

I need the telescoping because the seat tube on my frame curves so it does not alow a seat post that is very long.

The top clamp is poorly machined and almost imposible to get the seat clamped in properly. The desing is also not very good and I don't expect it to last very long before I break it.

I like the inovation of the telescoping seatpost but in hindsight it is only a 27.5 (I think that is the size I measured) post inserted into the 30.9 post with a second seat clamp. You could make the thing yourself out of a generic post and use a better quality 27.5 post with a better seat clamp. I am thinking that is what I am going to do but now I am out the cost of a second post. Oh well.

I found it so hard to believe that the machining was so poor on the bolts to secure the seat. all four are at slightly different angles and the agles are so much that they are easily visible with the naked eye. I also had to enlarge the holes for the bolts with my drill as two of them where much smaller than the other two and did not alow the bolts to move enough to line them up with the holes in the upper housing. I only gave them 2 chilis because I needed the idea and titec is the only one that made one that I know of.

Similar Products Used: I have a race face diabolus seat post on my other bike and I like that one a lot.
Erik Solymar   Downhiller [Aug 21, 2005]
Strength:

Sturdy, gr8 adjustability method, havent lost my place on descents

hard to close clamp on upper post, hard to take out and put back in, the top post moves around cuz i cant get it n e tighter.

i dont know what the last guy was smoking, beat fish with it? histerical! this post is gr8 if ur not constantly changing seat height.

Roland Lubiszewski   Weekend Warrior [Jul 09, 2005]
Strength:

I dunno? Maybe you could use it to clobber fish if you go fishing.

Poorly designed, Weak hard to tighen clamp,
Heavy.
Crrreakyy.

I dont get it, a seatpost is a piece of tube with a saddle mounting. How is it possible for Titec to make a bad one?

I must be really stupid because i dont get why anyone needs a telescopic seatpost or why they would be better than a regular one. My subjective little opinion is that scopers are generally heavier, less stiff and and The extra clamp doesent allow the seat to be set as low as a regular onepiecer.(if anyone for some reason would need that).

This one i got had a little white plastic spacer between the lever and the clamp wich broke off the first time i tried to tighten the clamp tihgt enough for the tubes not to move around inside eachother when i rode. The finishing of the tubes is not realy "grippy" and that forced me to tighten the clamp rrrrreally hard and now im´ really reluctant to untighten it because it´s a pain in the ass to re-tighten thight enough (i have to use a rubber mallet). So much for the eazy adjustability.

If anyone sill really really wants one you can have mine. Im going back to a cheap regular aluminium one piecer. I think they are stiffer and just as eazy to adjust.

Similar Products Used: Havent ever tried a component this crappy.
Dave   [Dec 27, 2004]
Strength:

Looks cool, the finish is remarkably durable. Works well for bikes with an interrupted seat tube.

Heavier than it has to be (it's really, really heavy). Clamp is a little cheap, needs frequent lubrication.

If you have an interrupted seat tube bike for free riding, then this product simply works. You will be able to get a better range of seat height with the Titec than with any standard post.

The second reviewer mentioned a bulge at the top of the "inner" post, just below the clamp. This is true but the bulge is only 1 inch long, as long as you clamp below this bulge, you will not have to adjust the clamp.

Mark   Weekend Warrior [Jan 28, 2005]
Strength:

Strong (Knock rated), good seat clamp design, simple.

Post clamp quality lets it down a bit.

'The' post for the VT frame if you want to get your seat down. The rear shock position on the VT doesn’t allow much lowering of the seat before the post hits. I had trimmed the stock post as much as I could for my full height riding position (with req min insertion) but I still wanted it to be able to go lower than it could for some Freeride/DH stuff. Using the 'Scoper' I can drop the seat over two and a half inches more then any standard post would allow. Unlike one of the other reviewers here my post was not fixed together, its just a 27.2mm post inside a 30.9mm tube with a clamp. The post clamp is the only stinker with this product, the lever feels cheap and flimsy and every time you undo the clamp the tension changes (I guess loctite on the thread might help), I solved the problem by buying a non-QR clamp for the frame tube (my plan anyway) and used the lever, bolt and nut from the Giant clamp to 'upgrade' the Titec clamp, now its very strong and functions perfectly... What gives Titec? Get a new supplier of clamps, surely you can't make this one yourselves? ... it would be 5 stars with a decent clamp.

Similar Products Used: Standard seat posts
Rob wotzanapollohimalaya   Weekend Warrior [Aug 17, 2004]
Strength:

can lower my post now for some DH bombin' and freeriding
light
strong

weird seat clamp... fiddly
clamp is a bit cheap

amazin!

it has transformed my bike

yes, the VT is a great climber and has a comfortable sorta XC geometry BUT it feels nervous descending because you just can't lower the seat enuff in standard form

with the soper, i feel so much better pullin' off crazy stuff and descending cause i can lower the seat alot more without hitting the shock

i love it!

it also looks cool... IMO

Similar Products Used: nil... first ever telescopic post
Joe   Downhiller [Jul 25, 2004]
Strength:

Heavier gauge than other telescoping posts. Nice appearance.

There is a bulge at the top of the post which creates a difference in clamping diameter between the down position and extended position. The top clamping portion of the post is fitted permantely into the sleeve of the seatpost at the time of manufacture, unfortunately this has been done poorly and the the post bulges out at this section. What this means is that in the extended position your seat post quick release will clamp, but in the down position it will not close. Each and every time you adjust your saddle height to it's lowest position you will also have to spend wasted time changing the quick release setting.

Very cheap quick release is included with the post, and only the top one.

Very expensive for what you get.

A faulty product.

Similar Products Used: Praxys telescoping seatpost.
Mike   Cross Country Rider [Jul 01, 2004]
Strength:

Moving the post way up and down with an FSR suspension. Not damaging my shock.

None so far.

This post makes it possible to raise and lower your saddle fully on an FSR, where normally the post would hit the shock. This is great for me because even though I'm not really doing "freeriding", I still like to climb normally and then lower the saddle quite a bit to descend. I couldn't do that before on my FSR. This post is super strong and has a warranty where they'll replace it if it ever breaks, no questions asked. Seems pretty cool.

Similar Products Used: No similar designs.