Titec Knock Post Seatpost

Knock Post

This KnockRated™ seatpost redefines the meaning of tough! The backset & oversized forged alloy ‘Hawk’ clamp bites hard into saddle rails for slip-proof performance, and the ultra-smooth nickel-plated 7075-T6 Aluminum shaft resists scratches, making frequent seat height adjustments a breeze, instead of a problem!

• Material: 7075-T6 Heat Treated Aluminum
  • Offset: 25mm (1")

• User Reviews (7)

Rubicon73   [Jul 13, 2012]
    Strength:

Strong, doesnt creak, and stays where I set it.

Maybe heavy?

I weight ~220 lbs and this seatpost never creaks or loses adjustment. Bought cheap too so works great and is a heck of a value.

Scott   Cross Country Rider [Mar 16, 2006]
    Strength:

No creaks! I weigh 225 and there's not a sound out of the thing. It's strong, I've fallen many, many times and it's barely scratched.

None. Well, it might be a little heavy if you care about such things (i.e. the typical XC rider), but a few grams when you have my big butt on the bike is meaningless. I need something that won't creak like an old rocking chair (I'm looking at you, Bontrager select!), or break like a twig.

If you're big and heavy like me, this post is good for you. 5 Flaming Fish from me!

Similar Products Used: Crappy Bontrager seat posts.
    Jay   [Feb 25, 2003]
    Strength:

price (sale for nickel plated 350mm version), seat adjustment design; warranty (3 yrs - free replacement)

none so far

Ordered on Tuesday, arrived Friday, looks good and has similar clamp/adjustment like a Thomson. Hit trails pretty hard - no creaks, no feeling of insecurity, etc... With a 3 yr warranty - how can you beat this? Others already exercised the warranty and Titec delivered. My 30.9mm x 350mm nickel plated one was $25 + shipping - you can't get junky seatposts for the price of this high quality one (bummer if you want black - its ~ $75). If you want a strong post - DH rated- with a warranty - this is the one.

Similar Products Used: ritchy - last for years, but finally bent
    Martin   Weekend Warrior [Mar 02, 2004]
    Strength:

No creaks, set it and forget it,f@#king strong

well, I guess its heavy compared to my Thompson.

I crashed on the DH course in Kamloops so hard that it bent the seat rails of my SDG 90 degrees, I looped the bike and hit the ground doing 40 and the seat was the first thing to hit. I weigh about 200lb and the seat post is still perfectly straight. I would not have blamed the post if it had bent or even snapped, heck I was expecting it to do that, I'm sure my Thompson would not have survived.

Similar Products Used: Thompson (also very good), Syncros (cracked), cheap titec (bent), Kalloy cro mo(bent), old '87 IRD, old Suntour XC(very classic)
    Wayne   Downhiller [Apr 24, 2002]

This is the seatpost that I bought to replace my X-lite Clikon.I have used it now for 18 months and I can not find a single fault with it. The clamp is a bit fiddley to use yet it holds tighter than a wrestler death grip, works with oversize saddle rails and looks great.
    The nickle finish on the post lasts well and looks good on most bike.
    If I could I would give this post a 10

Bob   [May 31, 2002]
    Strength:

STRONG, STRONG, did I mention STRONG
    Oh, it has a good clamp too.

Too short (for my new bike)

This post is strong, have I stressed that enough?
    I did bend one, but it was totally my fault. But they replaced it! That's part of the deal, they second-dayed one to me as soon as they recieved my bent one.

If you bend posts, get one.
    If it were $200 I'd still give it 5 flaming rat carcasses for value because I won't have to buy another post for at least three years, and I doubt I'll bend one again.

Similar Products Used: You name it, I've probably tried it and bent it.
    Anthony   Weekend Warrior [Jun 13, 2002]
    Strength:

Strong, durable fnnish, adjustable

Taper at the top doesn't allow it to be lowered all the way down.

Very strong and does not scratch after adjusting hight. But the taper at the top keeps it about 1.5-2" above collar. Also had to cut mine to accomodate interrupted seat tube. 4 and 4 for being strong and stubborn.