Titec Hell-Bent Seatpost

Titec Hell-Bent Seatpost

Make getting off-the-back easier, and go over-the-front less! Our Hell-Bent DH post is KnockRated™ (our sure sign of unquestionable durability!), and offers more backset than any other MTB post, putting your weight further behind your bike to help tame even the wildest descents.

• Material: 7075-T6 Heat Treated Aluminum
  • Offset: 38mm (1.5")

• USER REVIEWS

[Jul 12, 2010]
    Zeke

Strength:

Cheap, adjustable, works as it should

none that I've found

I picked this up real cheap to replace stock seat post. Nothing wrong with the old one but this one was just sexy with the black finish and red logo. Been a couple years and have had no problems with it; no creaking, holds the saddle firmly in place and is easily adjustable.

stock aluminum post

[Mar 04, 2002]
    Chris Rowan

Strength:

This bad larry is strong!! and its is a climbers best friend.

Definitely Heavy..but not so much that I really care

I had snapped two seat posts over 2 - 3 years. Saw another guy on the trail with one and flagged him down. bought it and have had it for a year. Totally improves my handling and I have long ass legs, so my knees are quite happy about it also. If you are someone (like me) who likes a little smaller frame for better handling then this post is perfect for you. Also if you like to climb anything other than paved hills, it helps.

Titec Alu. Bontrager Race light.

[Jul 04, 2006]
    George

Strength:

its strong!

heavy

i thought the post would put my weight back too far, but it makes agressive riding MUCH easier. i definitely recommend this seat post!

raceface w/ layback

[Aug 01, 2001]
    JUSTIN POSSIEN

Strength:

STRONG, LOOKS REALLY FUNKY, MORE ROOM IN THE COCKPIT- ALL MY HEIGHT IS IN MY TORSO , MAKES FOR GOOD CLIMBING WITH MORE WEIGHT OVER THE BACK TIRE.

HEAVY, LOOKS REALLY FUNKY

IT IS OUTSTANDING IF YOU NEED A LOT OFF REAR OFFSET AND WANT SOMETHING THAT WOULD SURVIVE A NUCLEAR WAR. IF YOU ARE COUNTING GRAMS LOOK AT THE THOMPSON OR RACEFACE....

[Jan 15, 2001]
    Buster Highman

Strength:

Poppin wheelies!
    ITS LASTED A LONG-LONG TIME

Cannot lower post for harsh landings or descents. But get over it and keep a second post/saddle to slip in for jumps.

Great for technical climbing, because it wheelies over any stump or bump just by leaning backwards.

All

[Jun 06, 2000]
    Andy

Strength:

Built like a Sherman tank, pretty cool looking

Nit on the heavy side, tricky initial saddle set up

I am built like a 5'10" Tattoo from Fantasy Island. I have short legs and a very long body (I ride a 15.5 frame) so fitting into traditional MB sizes has always been hard. This post combined w/ a longer stem dials me in. It's a great product that fixes a big problem for me, and it also is pretty cool looking on the bike.

[Apr 05, 2000]
    Tony Arnold

Strength:

Geometry changes, added comfort, Strong (Very Strong), once the saddle is adjusted it will not move or creap.

Heavy, Saddle adjustment a little challanging

I was in between sizes on the Moab I so I went with the smaller size. I was glad to be able to add the Hell Bent post because it gave me an extra 2+ inches of seat travel. With the extra travel I was able to get the perfect fit and have a bike that is good on longer rides and technical trails.

I have been using the post since its introduction for almost 2 years (if memory serves correctly) and have had no seat movement and it has supported my heroic build of 225lbs.

Great seat for more than just downhillers.

[Mar 23, 2000]
    tommy

Strength:

everything

heavier than other seatposts

My frame was too small for me so i didnt have much top tube room. i got this seatpost and a slightly longer stem and i was able to extend my arms a little more. Although its meant for downhill, it works great for street and xc. It also makes the bike look better

kalloy uno

[Jun 23, 1999]
    marco1
    Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

-bike geometry change, lenght

-bit on the heavy side
    -awkward saddle adjustments

I bought this seatpost to alter my riding position to more race oriented, so far this seems like an ideal setup for me since I don't have to use mega long stem to get to long&low riding position. Post is fairly heavy and saddle adjustment is not too handy but seems strong though.
    I'd wanted to get the RaceFace but this was half the price so ....

[Jun 05, 2001]
    Dr. Love

Strength:

The thing is build like a tank!

A bit on the heavy side but so am I after a big mac

WICKED!! It extends the bikes cockpit and also gets more weight over the back wheel. Astetically, the hellbent makes the bike pretty gnawly. I also found that the bike seems to handle faster. FIVE FLAMING TURDS!