Tamer Featherlite Seatpost

Tamer Featherlite

quino   Weekend Warrior [Jul 12, 2012]
Strength:

None?

It's weak.

It was way more comfortable than aluminum, but then it snapped near the head. Not only is this junk but it's dangerous. I'd steer clear if you like your behind with just one hole in it.

Kai   Cross Country Rider [Mar 14, 2001]
Strength:

Light, Strong yet dampens trail noise, long (400mm), CARBON.

hardly a weakness, but it's pricey ($200 Cdn), but it's also among the best, so who cares.

After bending too many posts, i decided to go carbon. amazing post. simple, light, strong and easy on the back. enough said.

Similar Products Used: lots
Mark   Weekend Warrior [Jul 27, 2003]
Strength:

Durable

All the difference in the world. Now I am not limited due to my ass killing me. Wise buy!

Similar Products Used: None
Mark   Cross-Country Rider [May 10, 1999]
Strength:

Looks good
Seat Hardware
Doesn't Break

None Yet

I wanted a carbon seatpost with my FS bike and after some bad experiences with Easton posts the Tamer was recommended to me. I've had it about 5 months and I love it, the hardware works and best of all it doesn't break. It may not be the lightest post around but it's still pretty light and it's durable.

Similar Products Used: Easton
Steve   Cross Country Rider [Aug 19, 2001]
Strength:

lightweight

It broke, it's expensive

On my third ride with this post (and on my first lap of a 24hr race), the post snapped. It broke at the very top where the seat bracket attaches to the post. There was a bang, my saddle was gone, along with the top inch of the post, luckily I did not impale myself on the very sharp piece that remained. I am not a particularly heavy rider - 180lbs. - so that should not have been a factor. I have emailed Tamer and hope to hear back from them soon.

darren hart   Cross Country Rider [Apr 28, 2002]
Strength:

light

I have broken 2 of these. A buddy of mine also broke one.

post snapped both times in the middle of the post. not under heavy riding conditions

Fred Schelert   Weekend Warrior [Jul 19, 2002]
Strength:

Great suspension. I like the sideways pivoting feature.

You have to have a right angle six mm. alllen wrench to adjust the up and down of the seat.

A great buy at the price. A real saver on the bum. This is the first suspension seat I have ever purchased. After examining several others I bought the Tamer on the recommendation of the bicycle shop owner. And I am very happy with the purchase. Any mountain biker or road biker would be the intended buyers.

Similar Products Used: None