RockShox Shox Susp Post Seatpost

Rock Shox Susp Post

Paragon   Cross Country Rider [Jun 04, 2003]
Strength:

It does what it's supposed to, kills vibrations and small bumps. It has a good, solid and adjustable clamp for the seat. You don't have to mess with it too much to make it work. It's a cheap upgrade that won't kill your wallet.

Might as well stand for those big hits because it's not going to help.

Your butt will thank you.

Similar Products Used: Solid posts (Stock, Bontrager)
James   Cross Country Rider [Feb 27, 2002]
Strength:

This puppy takes the beating out of riding a hardtail.

I had to buy a 1999 model to avoid using a shim for my 27.0 post.

My back feels great, my legs & ass don't get pounded anymore increasing my riding endurance. I waited to purchase this since we had so many nay-sayers, of course a softail makes sense as it's set up like a real bike, as in Motocross. But this REALLY does add value to Mountain biking. I'll see how the product stands up and how good RockShox honors their warranties after SRAM acquired them.

Similar Products Used: Thomson seatpost
Jon   Weekend Warrior [Feb 13, 2002]
Strength:

50mm of travel

The owner's manual's settings are a bit off...I weigh 170 and it says to put it on medium for up to an 180 lb rider but when I got on the first time ont he medium setting it went all the way down. It also weighs a lot and I don't really notice much of a difference in comfort.

For $75 I would much rather upgrade something else on my bike because I couldnt even notice the difference. I can see it going down when I lean on it but I cant tell much when I'm riding...a bit of a disappointment.

Similar Products Used: no other supsension seatposts
patrick   Cross Country Rider [Oct 25, 2001]
Strength:

It works

None yet

It works pretty well, I wouldn't buy it expecting it to fill all of your full suspension needs. I think that it smoothes out the small bumps and gravel like it was designed to do very well. I have taken this on several trails that I ride and I don't feel as hammered on after the ride. I also find that on some of the climbes I am inclined to sit a little longer, meaning I climb a little better. It's a good product for the die hard HT people who want maybe just a little more comfort out on the trail.

Sergio   Cross Country Rider [Sep 26, 2001]
Strength:

c'mon now...It's not that heavy considering it's a suspension seatpost.for anyone complaining about weight...duh.. smoothes out smaller ruts and potholes..makes bumpy trails a bit more plush.

the seat post shim thing.. seatpost comes in only one or two sizes...well if yo' bike ain't that size then yu' outta luck.. you have to shim it in..."shim sold seperately" give us a break rock shock co... Can you throw in the shims in the future??? I think $10 bucks for a lame shim is a bit too much

If your expecting to get the feel of a full suspension then wake up and smell the tri-flow..., but if you are looking for something to smooth out small ruts and potholes and don't want to come home feeling like you worked on a jackhammer all day, then this is for you...It's a decent product. Yeah it still has room for improvement, but hey Rome wasn't built in a day... I wouldn't recommend spending no more than lets say $70 bucks on it.

Similar Products Used: none
David Rollo   Weekend Warrior [Sep 14, 2002]
Strength:

Set it up and forget it.

Haven't found one yet

This seatpost is awsome. True it does not turn your bike into a full suspension bike, but I don't want a full suspension bike. What it has done has made 4-5 hour rides with 8-9 miles of uphill less stressful. That is what I wanted from the post and that is what I got.

Similar Products Used: none
Matt   Weekend Warrior [Mar 18, 2002]
Strength:

Works as advertised; durable.

Well, it isn't a full suspension bike.

I haven't had a single issue with this seatpost. Has held up to abuse (I weigh 190lbs) and helps me stay in my seat more than I used to over roots and rought stuff. Great upgrade for hardtails if you aren't a weight freak.

scott   Cross Country Rider [Sep 29, 2000]
Strength:

looks cool, works better than most suspension seatposts.

heavy, pointless

this seatpost came with my bike and i gotta say its a waste. for one you dont need it going up hills and you dont need it going down unless you are a yuppie and you like sitting on your seat down a hill. i crashed into a tree the other day and i bent one of the bolts on my seatpost to a 90 degree angle and i wasnt going all that fast. so its time to buy me a thompson elite.

Brad the Okie   Cross Country Rider [Sep 05, 2000]
Strength:

Looks Sharp; Pretty Good Travel; Make the little bumps go away

Side-to-side travel; Stiction

Nice for the money. Has took much stiction; Comes with two rubber innards for differnt spring rates. Don't expect a silky plush ride, but it DOES smooth out the little bumps. Hey if you're hittin' the really big rocks you need a hard tail anyhow.

Similar Products Used: Thomson
Josh   Weekend Warrior [Jul 31, 2000]
Strength:

Pretty nice ride... looks pretty neat... reminds you when you should be standing

Weight, not extremeley smooth, tends to stick a little (may be because its new and needs broken in)

Provides a nice ride... doesn't really give a lot when hitting bumps, seems to work opposite and rise after hitting bumps. Very nice when you hit a large bump, kinda ejects you outta your seat. It may just need more of a break in period, but I expected move give than recoil. Very easy to adjust too, just turn the adjuster on the bottom and remove or add spacers and elastomers. Also, its a little jerky and sticks from time to time, but this may also relate to break in. Comes with a nice jar of Judy Butter too.