Ritchey Pro Carbon Seatpost

The Ritchey Pro Carbon Post is a strong postThat features a wide saddle clampThat reducesThe stress on your saddles rails and itsTwo-bolt design allows for quick and easy adjustment.Two piece construction: monocoque carbon shaft bondedTo forged 6061 alloy headTwo-bolt design andTextured clamp surface for easyTo adjust, vise-like grip Low profile clamp wont bottom out on saddle Wide saddle clamp reduces stress on lightweight saddle rails Material: Carbon/6061 Cradle: 43x38 Offset: 25mm Publishe

James   [Jul 06, 2013]
Strength:

Strong, nice looking that is all

Harsh and heavy.

Installed this on my wilier GT. Harsh!! Can feel every tiny road imperfection and it sores my bottom even with Bontrager Evoke RXL saddle (suppose to b a very comfy saddle). Changed saddle, Switch to wider tyres.... no u know somethng is not right. Finally decided to ditch it amd switched to FSA sb25 k-force seat pole. Heaven and Earth.

Similar Products Used: FSA K-Force Sb25, 3T Dorico Limited
az29okg   Cross Country Rider [Apr 20, 2010]
Strength:

Nice to have a carbon fiber seatpost

I've noticed a creaking coming from my seatpost area. The creaking seems to go away when I replaced the Ritchy Carbon Pro seatpost with a 1996 Syncro Aluminum seatpost.

To stop the creaking noise, I've use the "gritty" paste (for use with carbon parts) and have slowly increased the seat post clamping strength by a quarter turn each time (starting with the clamp being loose enough for the seatpost to slide downwards - even with the "gritty" paste). Each time I tightned the clamp strength, the creaking noise disappeared for a few minutes, then returned. I only notice the creaking noise when seated and and it creaks more when I'm seated and going over rough surfaces.

The creaking noise has caused me to loose confidence in the use of this carbon fiber seatpost.

I've sent an email to Ritchey. I'll try to post back when they respond.

Jeff Cornehls   Cross Country Rider [Jul 18, 2007]

No spare partsd available

I can not use my seat post which retails for $189 AUD since I lost the shim that goes between the seat and the seat post. I have tried to contact Ritchey on numerious occasions about getting a spare part, but their cstomer service is very, very, poor as these people never get back to you.