Ritchey Logic Comp Seatpost

Ritchey Logic Comp

Sam Zaydel   Cross Country Rider [May 18, 2008]
Strength:

None at all.

Worst post that I ever had the displeasure to ride on.

This is the worst post that ever had. In fact posts with no name at all performed better than this post. It will not keep its adjustment. Even riding on a straight road, the clamp gives way, and the nose of the seat pops up. I tightened it with a ratchet to the point where the post was creaking, and after one ride the clamp gave up again. This is a true piece of crap if I ever saw one. I have to say that based on experience with this product, I will not buy any Ritchey ever! Yeah, it was that bad. I am just sorry that I could not give this thing an overall rating of 0. I would if I could.

Bert   Weekend Warrior [Jul 09, 2003]
Strength:

Lightweight

Does not hold its position

Drop this seatpost before you walk out the bike shop. Creeks, squeaks and no matter how tight you think it is, it always shifts.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager, other stock posts
Jonathan Seely   Cross Country Rider [Sep 18, 2003]
Strength:

Mmmm... none...

Seat always slips back, won't clamp right, bends easily, creaks constantly

This seatpost absolutely sucks. It has to be one of the worst feats of mechanical engineering, ever. No matter how tight you tighten the seat clamp, within a week the seat will have cocked back so the nose is pointing to the sky. I can't believe what a piece of crap this post is.

Similar Products Used: Kalloy stock seatpost
Tommi Bass   Cross Country Rider [Sep 17, 2003]
Strength:

It looks cool, black with silver text.

none...

I wanted to get another rig built so i could just ride mellow stuff....the canals in the U.K. Cash was a bit low so i took a risk with this one guys. I only weigh 9 and a half stone..so i've had NO problems with this one at all. This products works very,very,very well for me cus i'm an ex fly weight boxer ie- mega light and fackin rock hard!

This is not burly post, it should not be used by burly chaps, they should get a Thompson etc.

The bottom line is it works!I have rode for about 1000 miles on this post, i jump the odd set of small stairs etc not one problem...Why? Because i used P.T.F.E tape on the bolt thread before i installed it on my bike!

If you like the pies, DON'T GET THIS POST, THE SADDLE MAY END UP IN YA ASS! ooohhh painfull ;-)

Similar Products Used: sick amount of cheap to mid priced stuff.
shadow   Cross Country Rider [Jan 28, 2002]
Strength:

Saddle slips no matter how tight the clamp bolt is.

Originally bought because it was cheap. Waste of money. Switched to a Thomson.

Similar Products Used: Thomson
JAMES STOCKSTILL   Cross Country Rider [Jan 26, 2002]
Strength:

None.

This has to be the single worst cycling product I haveever came into contact with, my seat slipped from the time I put it on, no matter how much I tightend the binder bolt. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it, but it was to much. Save yourself alot of hassel and get a race face or tompson anything but A Ritchey...

Don't waste your money, this thing is junk. I have had better luck with generic post that came off department store bikes!!!

Similar Products Used: XTR,RACE FACE,CODA,POST MODERN...
Otto Hammad   Cross Country Rider [Apr 24, 2003]

WEAK!

I agree with everyone else out their - It comes lose easily. The other problem I had is I bent it. Mind you, I have been riding a long time and do ride almost every day and have never before bent a seat post. It's chep junk.

Similar Products Used: On sale $15 seatposts
John Less   Weekend Warrior [Sep 07, 2001]

Seat won't stay put!

In engineering design terms: This product is a piece of dog excrement. DO NOT WASTE YOUR $ ON THIS! In 16 years of mountain biking (and 20+ years of road riding, damn I'm getting old!) I have never had a seatpost fail to do its simple job properly. In this age of computer aided design, etc. it is beyond belief how Ritchey could design this piece of junk. If this is typical of their design process, its gotta make ya wonder about the rest of their product line.

Similar Products Used: Kalloy Uno; Control Tech; SR
Tobin   Racer [Aug 04, 1999]
Strength:

It could possibly be used as a hammer.

Does not hold your seat in place for very long.

It doesn't hold your seat in place... note the post below this one where the guy is re-adjusting his seat after every ride. He is lucky, I have to adjust mine every mile. It is a big time waste of money. I can't believe Richey is putting his name on this peice o crap.

Peter Polack   Cross Country Rider [Jan 21, 2001]
Strength:

Will not hold its position.

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect Ritchey to make a faulty product; that's why I didn't check the reviews here first before purchasing it. Well lo and behold, I was wrong!

This seat post positively will not hold its tilt position-there are no serrations on the seatpost/clamp head interface to provide a good grip. Even cutting grooves myself did not cure the problem.

I bought the post because of my trust in Ritchey products, and their one-piece design. Most manufacturers press fit the clamp head into the shaft, and I've seen too many of these two piece designs fail.

I'd give this product a zero if I could.

I am replacing it with a Salsa Shaft seatpost; another one piece design which I expect will solve the slippage problem.