Race Face Turbine Seatpost

Race Face Turbine Seatpost

Attention to detail is what the Race Face Turbine Seatpost is all about. Every millimeter of the Turbine has been thought through for maximum durability with absolutely no extra weight.

[Apr 26, 2017]
albert g
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

cosmetics

weak, slips, loosens, poor Race Face customer service

this is a very weak seat post. The metal post began showing signs of fatigue within a week of use and it was slightly bent at the clamp setting. asides, it chronically slips down whilst riding even though the post clamp was tightened at the proper torque setting. additionally, the seat rail tighten systems does not maintain torque after a couple of rides. the screws slowly loosen themselves. lastly, I sent photo and email to RF and they don't reply. poor customer service. stick to Thomson and don't look back.

[Oct 29, 2013]
Todd

Strength:

Looks great. Light weight. easy to ajust.

Noisey. Ajustment slippage.

Started out great! Looked awsome on bike and was not a lead pipe in the weight department. Used for about 6 months on XC bike until I had to swap it out for something else..............For some reason I would ajust my saddle angle and after 2-4 rides it would always "slip" a little bit so it was nose up slightly. Not a lot but enough that I could tell when the bike felt "different". I began keeping track of it with a level and everytime it would "slipped back to the same location. Weird. The straw that made the camel go WTF?! was that it developed an anoying creeeking/clicking noise at the top end linkage. I tried cleaning, lubing, re-torqing (always used torque wrench to specs when ajusting), all to no avail. It just drove me nuts with the noise and re-ajusting.

What is weird is I have the less expensive original Evolve post (same basic design) on another bike that has been flawless. I put a Truvativ on the bike and it's been solid with no noises.

XTR, Syncros, Thompson, Easton, Control tech, etc....

[Dec 27, 2011]
mike tolin

Strength:

decent weight,really easy to adjust saddle,looks really good

none really

I was just looking for a decent good looking saddle to replace my stock heavy crappy looking one. I like this one a lot it looks great and very easy to adjust.

thomson