Profile Racing FastForward Seatpost

Profile Racing FastForward Seatpost

Profile FastForward

[Mar 08, 2002]
Shawn Spencer

Strength:

Makes staying down on aerow bars more comfortable.
Better power stoke since your more over top of pedals.

When I come out of the sattle moving along at a good clip, 25+mph, typically maintaining momentum while attacking hills , I feel that my balance is a litte thrown off since the nose of the seat hits the back of my legs as I tend to throw the bike from side to side. Sometimes feel I don't have as much control of the bike, maybe a little bit too far forward, but only while approching speed of 35+mph on decents or with a good breeze pushing me along.

Gets me over my pedals for a more efficeient stroke. Easier on my knees. Feel like I have more power from the seated position. More comfortable while down on my aerobars.

[Feb 28, 2002]
Jeff Li

Strength:

looks good.. i like the way the brand profile is printed on the post to let u know how far the post is in the seat tube

bends

ok.. this is the story.. i lent my intense tazer to my friend for a 10ft drop.. his feet slipped off the god damn pedal and sat on the saddle.. the damn thing just got bent

[Aug 16, 1999]
doug

Strength:

> forward offset

> poor design
> heavy

what a piece of crap. while it seems to be the only choice for a reasonably priced forward post that provides enough forward (the thompson post provides ~1, and the torque-ti is EXPENSIVE), the design sucks. VERY heavy... probably a result of the large offset, so understandable. but how can a company with the word DESIGN in its name produce a seat that isn't adjustable enough to level most saddles on a 73 degree seatpost angle?!??!
i learned to live with it on my old bike, but didn't want to compromise when i bought a new ride. nope, mine wasn't a defective one, the new one in the shop wouldn't level either.
if you're considering one of these posts, make sure you add to the weight quote the weight of whatever fix you need to level the seat (mine needed a forged shim in the middle of the mouting assembly! who knows how long that will last.)bad design pisses me off... avoid this company.
one flamin' turd... zero if another reasonably priced alternative existed.

thompson, standard post(s)