McMahon Ti seatpost Seatpost

McMahon Ti seatpost

Alex Shapiro   Racer [Nov 05, 2001]
Strength:

Very lightweight Ti

Very flexy/it snapped

After many years of being a gram weenie and destroying less than adequate parts,I now replace with stronger more durable items. This post is downright dangerous. If I had sat down after it just fell apart in the middle of the tube, I would have created a new bunghole. The Ti is so thin and sharp.

Similar Products Used: Aluminum posts,Synchros Ti
christian evans   Cross Country Rider [Apr 05, 2001]
Strength:

looks...?

hard to adjust the seat rails
weak...has bent!

it's ti...but it's bent! what a let down! :( Grrrrr...

Similar Products Used: 2 alum. seatposts from $25 to $40
edward   Cross-Country Rider [Sep 05, 1999]
Strength:

reasonably light, reasonably priced, nice looking, easy to install

Very easy to install, light, nice ti shaft with bonded aluminum head. Not as trick as some of the high zoot ti posts but it does the same thing, absorbs high frequency trail vibration, period. I would buy another one of these any day, they are CHEAP, mailorder for $59 bucks, and are nicely machined and fit perfectly into your seat-tube.

Similar Products Used: moots ti, syncros ti, lots of other average aluminum posts also
Eric H   Racer [Jan 28, 2000]
Strength:

Looked good, rode well

QUALITY!!!!!

My seatpost was not even 1 1/2 years old, I was riding over a pretty mellow terrian, and the seat snapped out from under me leaving a jagged stub for me to sit on, been trying to contact Mcmahon about this issue and cant seem to find ANY way to conatct them, so in my opinion the Customer service sucks. I bought titanium becuase of its durablity and flexible nature......did not expect to have it snap out from under me!!

Christian   Cross Country Rider [Jul 30, 2003]
Strength:

Lively ti feel. The shaft's not aluminnum

It bends. the titanium shaft is bonded to an aluminum top

That Thomson Elite 27mm x400mm is an excellent "fire and forget" post...its strong and light for its strength (1st post i didn't bend) However, McMahon Titanium seatpost is noticiable more lively and comfortable, almost helps in controlling the hardtail over sppedy rocky descends.

This is my 2nd review. although I was dismayed that teh McMahon Ti seatpost bent I still use it for general xc riding, betting that the ti post will stay bent and not break. I still switch to the Thomson Elite for races and gnarly trails.

Similar Products Used: lots of even more crappy (& OEM) aluminum posts - bent thme all. and still use one excellent aluminmin post - Thompson's 27mm x400mm