Litespeed Litespeed Mountain post Seatpost

Litespeed Litespeed Mountain post Seatpost

Litespeed Litespeed Mountain post

[Apr 06, 2007]
Bernard Kazmierczak

Strength:

Absolutely the best designed seatpost there ever was. It is a joy to behold!

None whatsoever.

This seatpost is a legendary absolute work of art! It's a shame that Litespeed does not make it any longer. Snap up every one you can, mountain or road!

Every other seatpost, including Campagnolo, Alien, Easton, Salsa, Ritchey, American Classic.

[Dec 25, 2001]
Dave Harvey

Strength:

Nothing special so far, except it matches the bike. It is light, but not that light

I could not mount the seat without going back to the bike shop. With 3 of us prying with screwdrives and pushing it finally snapped on. Seat was a common Sella Flite, the bike mechanic stated he was going to call Lightspeed and tell the m the design is the worst he has ever seen.

Don't buy it! I should have sent it back, I actually scratched it trying to get the seat mounted. My feeling is if Lightspeed wants to be known as the 'premier' offroad Ti company they should pull this product immediately and give purchasers some kind of credit! It's crap!!!

Synchros Ti, Thompson Alum, Kore.

[Apr 20, 2003]
Mark

Strength:

light. very flexable.

the clamp

The clamp on this post is horrid! If the bolts weren't made of titanium they'd never handle the torque you have to put on them just to hold the seat in place. I had to sleeve something over the allen wrench just to get the clamp tight enough to keep the seat from not popping up vertical when riding off road. Getting the seat rails into the clamp to begin with is unnecessarily difficult, requiring serious force just to open the clamp up enough to get the rails in on both sides. I've never had any other seatpost require so much effort and hassle to keep the seat in place. I rode the leather off the sides of my last seat just to avoid the headache that installation and adjustment requires. I've never given a thought to any of the other seat posts I've owned. For the expensive price of this post Litespeed should be able to provide a truely functional clamp. At least their frames are great.

sevarl other posts (ritchy, easton, etc.)

[Nov 06, 2001]
JOE

Strength:

PRETTY, LIGHT, GREAT RIDE

BENT THE FIRST ONE, BROKE THE NEXT

I loved the ride. After 3 years my first one bent. Litespeed gave me a new one 7 months later I broke it in two. ? I'm not even gonna bother going for a third - maybe a carbon Easton this time?

[Jul 21, 1999]
jerry
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

easy to set-up, comfortable

cost

I have ridden my post fairly hard and have had no problems, I like the flexy nature of the post, it has added great comfort to my hardtail...

Race Face XY, others

[Apr 28, 1999]
Jason
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

lightweight, nice finish

length...they just dont make it long enough

We pay a shitload of money for this stuff in australia. I put a buldge in this post right where the slit in the frame is...it was on the max line and litespeed didn't want to deal with it..after spending over $2000 for frame - post jersey etc - they told me that I had it incorrectly inserted...sorry guys..the max line was just inside the frame. not outside....might get me a syncros or something else next time...you pay the big dollars and get little results.....let them know how much it stinks at tirules@litespeed.com .... support a fellow MTBer....all the experts say it SHOULD have been a warranty...but litespeed in their infinite wisdom slagged me out...NO SOUP FOR YOU !!

tioga, uno, shitter, and anything else while i sent the litespeed seatpost back for warranty

[Nov 08, 2000]
Brandon

Strength:

Pretty, absorbs shock.

Pain in the ass to set up.

It is a major pain in the ass to install a seat on this post. It is the stupidest design I've ever seen. I don't know how I'll ever get the seat off. A woman will struggle with this post since it takes brute strength to install and I imagine even more strength to remove. It shouldn't be so difficult to work on what should be one of the simplest parts of a bike. Very disappointing from Litespeed.

XT

[Jan 15, 2000]
Nico Vonk

Strength:

It's light , it's beautiful , it does its work.

Price.

In the three years that i've been riding with this seatpost
it never let me down, it stays in place , it didn't bulge or crack or anything else.
It's just a very good seatpost.

Syncros.

[May 02, 1999]
sinbad

pricey - flexy

buy a ti post everyone told me.....but no one actually had one. So i bought it. biggest mistake I made. I hear ya Jason...that reaks what they did to you bro...I was gonna check out the Litespeed range for my next rig...but after getting this flexy post and reading your review people...think i might check out the Merlin range...peace out

uno, kooka

[Oct 29, 2002]
Phil Orosco

Strength:

Look Cool

Impossible to mount seats, which is very ironic.

WHoever designed this post should be shot. What were you thinking? It ended up in my closet for 3 months because I COUNLDNT FIGURE OUT HOW TO TAKE THE SEAT OFF!!! I thought it was me, but luckily after reading these reviews I realized its the stupid post. When I finally used a screwdriver to pry the clamp open with brute strength I was rewarded with a squeaky post. Thanks Litespeed!

Thomson