Kore Elite 2 Seatpost

• Single bolt adjustment & position
  • Laser engraved graphics

• User Reviews (58)

Austin G.   Cross Country Rider [Mar 04, 2002]
    Strength:

None....well maybe the looks, but dont let them fool you

Everything

Within one hour, not even an hour, of using this seat post, the nut stripped and loosened up. In all my years of riding, I have never seen a seat post wear out in 45 minutes. Seat posts on KMart bikes probably last longer. If you ride roads this might be ok for you, but i wouldnt trust it. Terrible....this thing is a disgrace.

CMoss   Weekend Warrior [Feb 11, 2002]
    Strength:

Cool looking red, easy to adjust clamp, didnt break

none really...I guess it could be more red than the kind of off red it is...clashes with other red bike components...we cant have that

Its a freaking seatpost made of metal. It doesnt break. Its worth the money. It weighs 20 grams less than some taiwanese POS. IF you like logos, buy it. I had to dispense with mine because my new Fisher has a 31.6 and its a 27.2...now I will get a Bonty and leave the same review for it.

Similar Products Used: generic, bonti,
    Konian   Weekend Warrior [Aug 02, 2001]

It twists and turns!

Sucks big time!

Went for a ride immediately after I put the post on and the clamp twisted to the left and right with every pedal stroke as I climbed the slopes! And I weigh in at around 160lbs, not exactly heavy enough to supposedly stree the post!

Got a replacement at the LBS and gave it the benefit of doubt. But the same thing happened to the replacement post on the very next ride!

LBS confirmed that it was probably due to some manufacturing defects with the batch I bought with. The way the clamp is slapped onto the post is highly suspect.

Got my refund thereafter and went back to my heavy but trusty Kalloy (which gave no problems) before finally settling on Thomson.

Count me out Kore! It's a pity there are no zero chillis here.

Similar Products Used: Thompson Elite, Kalloy
    tbone   Cross-Country Rider [Jan 03, 2000]
    Strength:

Stiffness, strength

titanium bolt, black color

First the bad news: After a month of riding the titanium bolt snapped (76kg or about 170lbs)and the seat post almost disappeared inside of me. The good news is that I got a killer workout riding the last 10 miles riding without a seat and the local Kore rep replaced the bolt with a more reliable steel bolt upon my request. Since then with the exception of the black color beginning to fade it has performed flawlessly.

Similar Products Used: icon, syncros, specialized
    mike   [Dec 21, 2000]
    Strength:

strong, flawless design

I knew I picked the right choice with Kore. Kore has been around longer than most of those other seatpost makers. I have had the Elite post with the ea70 tube for over 3 years without a problem. This post cant be beat and has a nice micro adjustment especially nice if you change it from one bike to another.

Similar Products Used: thompson
    stonehipee   cross-country rider [Oct 22, 1997]

my wife bought this post after recomendations from the LBS and all i can say is its crap.she weighs 105 lbs and this post bent on her after only a few rides not a quality post in my book. as for looks it is a run way model but looks get you no were on the trail.ive had a syncros post for a while and have had no problems with it.and that is what she is replacing hers with.function over fashion is it and syncros lookes just as nice.

Brian   Racer [Mar 29, 2001]
    Strength:

Light and stiff

After the head came lose and broke on my last post , I went with the Kore Elite post. Been riding it for over two years now. I just changed out the old bolt for a new one. I learned that from my last post. Bolts fatique. Best choice I ever made for my rig. Soo easy to set up, micro adjustment,no stickers to peel off, bead blast finish so it doesn't slip!

Keep up the great products Kore!

Similar Products Used: Syncros, easton
    Lance   Racer [Oct 10, 2000]
    Strength:

everything you want in a post. Single big Ti bolt, no two bolt hassles.

Let see im 6'-4" 201lbs, ride everyday, two days with a minimum of 25 miles each day. I had a thompson post on one of my rigs, it fell apart, never go back to a two bolt system. I have had my kore Elite post for close to three years on my main squeez, and its been flawless! I bought it for $90, so I dont know were they got $143, must be canadian money. I will buy another Kore post. Killer stems too!

Similar Products Used: Thompson, raceface
    March   Downhiller [Sep 09, 2000]

I been using the Elite post for over two years. Its the most comfortable post I have ridden. Micro adjustment too! I tried one other post that had the two whimpy bolt system, one of the bolts broke and sent me flying-ouch.

The elite has rub proof logos and is 400mm long, It cant be beat!

Dave   Cross Country Rider [Aug 06, 2000]
    Strength:

low weight, available in long lengths, finish holds up well

single bolt clamp, high price

I have used Kore stems for a while and never had a compliant. I needed to replace the control tech post, and thought this would be a good choice. The problem is the clamp will not hold the saddle. Seems after every ride the position has migrated towards the rear. I have tried 3 saddles, SDG and two WTB. It's always tightened to spec using a snap-on torque wrench. When I spoke with Kore they denied any problems, they said it was the seat rails were undersized. I do not want to bash this product, it's high quality and finished nicely. Kore should look into a 2 bolt design. I have a 2 bolt rock shox, used 3 months, on my hard tail and never had it change position. If only Thomsen would make an offset post in 350 mm! 3 flammers for the high quality, 1 flammer for the fact that it can't do the only thing I need it for, secure the saddle!