Easton Havoc Aluminum Seatpost

• Shot-peened finish
  • Cold-forged 2014 alloy

[Sep 30, 2012]
sauprankul

Strength:

Strong, rigid, increment markings, stylish, big brand name

Heavy, expensive

Good seat post. I got this in 27.2 x 350. It's heavier than my no name 300 mm post by QUITE a bit. I guess that's the trade off for durability. On Amazon, this thing lists for 80 bucks. What? You would expect more from an 80 dollar piece of AL. But I got this for 38 off of JensonUSA, so yay! 7/8 mm which is handy, but not for me (I only use one standard 7mm seat). VERY easy to adjust and remove. Just loosen the two bolts a little (actually, more than that) and slide the post off. I landed hard on this sometimes and expected there to be flexing or sliding of some sort, but nope. So it's pretty bomb-proof. I'm sure you can get better posts for 80 bucks, but for the 38 I paid for it, it's great.

Skye AL micro-adjust single bolt seat post

[Jul 24, 2011]
graciebarrabjj

Strength:

Ultra stiff a true one piece desighn unlike that crappy oem ritchey post that came with the bike.

Not the lightest but i would rather have strenght over weight

Great product so far. I love the matte finish and the red grapfics are cool. The product is strong and the name behind it has been tested to be true!

Ritchey oem

[Feb 28, 2009]
warrior4life

Strength:

Strong & stiff. Tough sandblasted finish won't scratch easily like those"glossy"type painted posts. Sturdy double clamp is safer and more secure than the earlier EA single clamp posts. Cool sleek Easton red & white grafics. Also, a big plus is if you're out riding about and you encounter those nasty dirtbike bandits or reckless atb no-talents. Just quickly undo your trusty seatpost from the frame & use it as a weapon. Essentially, you're seatpost becomes a very handy pipe and the saddle w/ the narrow pointed side becomes a dagger. Ultimately, use this killer/combo setup to defend youself from any of those gas guzzling, possibly vicious chimpanzees. No more monkey buisness out on the trails, just pure fun?! Ha ha He he!!

Maybe, just a little bit on the heavy side. However,
I counter it with a lightweight Rocket V saddle. Anyway, I'm a solid 6'ft. & 190lbs.. Definitely, I need a seatpost that won't bend or break. Carbon or Emo(wimpy) need not apply!!!

Awesome seatpost, Easton quality. Consequently if it breaks, I GO buy a new one because that's the AMERICAN way...last but not least. I admit I'm more of an Oscar Meyer wienner than one of those "Weight weenies"?! I LOVE my beef...pork..chicken,fish & seafood...hey where's the BBQ!!!!

WTB, Truvativ, Raleigh/DB, Kona factory & deluxe versions, generic(no-name/brand) and Easton EA 50 & 30 alu. models single clamp type(broken+poor design=CraP)...

[Jul 29, 2008]
Orca

Strength:

strong. good design. sweet graphics. precise adjustments.

poor customer service. product is solid.

horrible Easton Customer Service. There were a few problem with the seat-post after a year of use. I could not get hold of Easton. I called them about 15 times. You can not directly get to easton. you leave your detail with some customer service rep (Bell?) and easton supposedly gets back to you.

even after 2 months nobody got back to me. and it takes hours to actually get some one on the phone (at their 1-800 number)..

so, even though, easton products work very well. I am thinking of not buying anything from them for their horrible customer service.

Thompson Elite, FSA 280, Azonics, Race Face Evolve.