Easton EA30 Seatpost

Easton's most affordable aluminum seat post! TheTwo bolt clamp allows youTo adjustThe angle of your saddle,To "just right".Taper wallTechnology 6061 aluminum construction 10mm offset Approximate weight 290 grams Micro-adjustable 2 bolt head

Ulairi   Weekend Warrior [Oct 05, 2010]
Strength:

Clamps well in down-tube

Single bolt takes all clamping and ride stresses

This came stock on my Trance when I got it 2nd hand.

Mine was the pre-2008 version with a single M8 bolt. Based on other reviews here, I didn't risk it and replaced it before it had a chance to fail.

I replaced with a Easton Havoc seatpost that is much stronger. The Havoc has 2 clamping bolts and is machined from a single piece of aluminum.

A friend has bought the 2010 EA-30 (two bolt version) for his bike. I'll update this with another review once we see how it works out for him.

Bottom line - I don't trust the older EA-30 with the single bolt.

Similar Products Used: Kalloy seatpost (on a Mongoose Blackcomb).
Brooce   Downhiller [May 30, 2010]
Strength:

Actually... none. Well, maybe that its not too heavy.

Not durable at all! Now (after over a year of use) it is so bent that doesn't fit the frame any more!

Don't buy that seatpost!! I weight 55kg, had the seat high only while commuting to some dirt jumps. I have never pulled it over the limit mark, and it has bent anyway.

Similar Products Used: Only some cheap ones
Martin Lewis   Weekend Warrior [Jun 18, 2008]
Strength:

None. It literally lacks physical strength.

Single bolt holding saddle to the seat post snaps without warning.

The EA30 seat post is an accident waiting to happen. Mine came with the bike which I used mostly for commuting on sealed smooth roads into the city. The first bolt lasted ~14 months, the second bolt lasted ~2 months. This seat post cannot be recommended & should be recalled by the manufacturer. If I had the time I would pursue a claim against Easton for two accidents. I thought the first was just bad luck however, the second caused me to search for others experiences.

jbike   Weekend Warrior [Jun 05, 2008]
Strength:

this is a POS - I've actually read about it snapping and then the shards stab the victim in the leg - nice. Mine was just squeaky and hard to adjust.

Upgrade asap or you will be sorry.

Similar Products Used: Sette 2 bolt for $22 - very pleased, has Thomson design at 1/3 the price
Benji Hanson   Cross Country Rider [Aug 31, 2007]
Strength:

The post looks OK in stealth black.

In my experience, no matter how much you tighten the single seat clamp bolt, the seat will more than likely move on you if you come down on it hard. It has done this three times on me now; Twice during trail rides, once on the road. I am 220 lbs.

Probably works great for lighter riders, but I'm sick of having to loosen the bolt and readjust the seat when it gets hit hard. The seat never moved in 3 years on my generic Pacific mountain bike. The post is going in the spare pats bin and a Thompson Elite is replacing it.

P.S. I have tightened the post bolt progressively tighter each time it has happened and it makes no difference.

Similar Products Used: Titec, generic
Matt Andersen   [Aug 15, 2007]
Strength:

nothing really

everything really i had to ride a whole day with no seat cause i snapped a bolt ive snapped 4 already but i got a a better bolt that is like impossible to snap other than that its kinda alright

dont buy this post unless it comes stock its just rubbish

too bad 1 is the lowest id give it -1

Similar Products Used: race face, EA 50, FSA
Ash   Weekend Warrior [Sep 16, 2006]
Strength:

Simple design, came on bike

Already snapped the seatbolt, and struggled to get another (scratched around in the spairs bin at LBS). Seat always on the move.

Send it to ebay heaven, and get yourself something that is gunna last!!!

Jeff Kearl   Weekend Warrior [Apr 26, 2008]
Strength:

The only stength I found was that its color (black) matched the color of the bike!

Constant adjustments, slippage, Single bolt, bolt breakage.

Unless it come with the bike...don't waste your money, time, and body parts! They changed the design for 2008...it uses TWO bolts. Maybe the second bolt is a backup after the first breaks???

Similar Products Used: None
Erin Roe   Cross Country Rider [Apr 06, 2008]
Strength:

didn't break for the first three months of riding

broken bolts, constant adjustment, seat slipping no matter what

I've replaced two broken bolts in the last year. Seat needs constant adjustment, and comes loose no matter how hard you tighten the bolts. Replace soon, but in the meantime, be sure to tighten the bolt before each ride!