Easton EA 70 Seatpost

Easton EA 70 Seatpost

Russ   Cross Country Rider [Jun 18, 2013]
Strength:

Light.

head design. The bolt pulled through the aluminum head. Time for a new seatpost

Got this as an upgrade after replacing the stock Specialized seatpost on an 04' Stumpjumper. The stock seatpost lasted 8 years.

The Easton Aluminum seatpost was much lighter but lasted less than a year. The bolt pulled through the aluminum. It was not dangerous as it happened over a few rides so i knew it was coming. I added a washer but eventually that pulled through too

Back to the stock seatpost for now.

GrantB   Cross Country Rider [Jan 01, 2012]
Strength:

Weight

Clamp mechanism.

First it creaked. Cleaned the rails, paid super attention to the torque of the bolts. Then the seat shifted rearward on every ride. Loosened the bolts, retightened to torque spec again. I got the seat to stay put, but then yesterday I snapped the front bolt in the middle of a ride. I only stuck with it this long because it came stock on a new bike. Lke the rider below, I most likely will return to a Thomson.

Similar Products Used: Thomson
eastman115   Weekend Warrior [May 23, 2011]
Strength:

Light.

Saddle slides, front micro adjust bolt difficult to get at.

This post came as original equipment on my bike. Right from the start it didn't grip the rails firmly enough and the saddle slid backward. The micro adjust bolt at the front is difficult to get at. I've had enough and am ordering a Thomson.

Mr. Holmes   Cross Country Rider [Apr 07, 2010]
Strength:

Light, strong, stiff, 2 bolt adjustability

This seat post is very light and stiff. It is noticeably more stiff than my old EA30 seat post.
Looks good and adjusts easily and precisely. "Nuff said.
And I agree, there are a lot of Easton haters here. I've always had a good experience with Easton's products.

Similar Products Used: EA30
Montrose Blur   Cross Country Rider [Feb 05, 2010]
Strength:

Light, strong, superior to older design.

None so far

Lots of Easton Haters in here. I purchased the 2010 version of this post. Two bolt design is improved from the old design and is much stronger and easier to adjust. Perfect fit and finish, low key artwork, adjustment lines on the tube, lightweight and a 5 yr warranty, what else do you need? I run Easton wheels and handlebars as well and am very impressed with their products, fit, finish and pricing.... well, the wheels were a little much (Havoc AM)

Similar Products Used: Easton EA50
Ignatius Rielly   Weekend Warrior [Sep 01, 2009]

I'm not pleased with the Easton EA-70 seatpost.I wanted to upgrade the seatpost that came with my mtb (GT Avalanche) with a lightweight and higher quality seatpost, so I purchased the EA-70. The pivot on the EA-70 wore out after a couple years of occasional riding, whereas the less-expensive post that came with my GT lasted 4 hard-riding college years (go Hokies!).

A poor investment ($75 wasted). Before I buy again another seatpost I will do my research.

Jay   Cross Country Rider [May 16, 2003]
Strength:

Looks nice.

Less than a month with this seatpost, and halfway through this morning's ride, the bolt that tightens the seat clamp snaps! Luckily I wasn't riding very fast at the time, or I could have been seriously injured. Did make for a long, slippery hike back to the car, though. I can't believe Easton would spec this product with such a crappy, flimsy bolt. I'll be contacting them to express my displeasure.

Junk.

Similar Products Used: Kona
Robert   Cross Country Rider [Sep 21, 2005]
Strength:

so far everything.............

NONE

(updating from previous post)
Now i have spent many hours on this post approx. 3,200 miles whith a few very nasty wrecks, one on pavement going 25 to 27 mph on flat ripping open seat & various body ligaments. This period of time this seat post has not moved @ all in frame or seat in cradle after reading all of these negative reports, i scribed reference markers & i kept an eye on movement to my amazement it stayed rock solid in ALL prospectives.......
Now i weigh 175 lbs & ride fairly aggressive.
i have found this seat post to be a VERY excellent Easton product...
IF USED FOR PURPOSE INTENDED... :)
Obviously by "eyeballing" it, it is not designed for the new generation of crazy kamikaze arteests.
I would not hesitate whatsoever on purchasing one.

Similar Products Used: Kalloy,Thomson
Sanj   Cross Country Rider [Jun 26, 2007]
Strength:

light, takes a beating

single bolt clamp absolutely sucks

i've busted my collarbone riding, complete 180'd the bike and the seatpost didn't break. however, just recently ollied the bike from a 3 foot skinny and bent the seatpost. i'm 160lbs and i'm impressed that i didn't crack the seatpost and end up with it in my a**!!!! could use a dual-bolt clamp since some of my accidents have caused the clamp to strip and my seat sits on an off angle.

Similar Products Used: none for mountain, only road.
Dan Jackman   [Feb 10, 2004]
Strength:

This seatpost has never creaked. Very desirable.

Snapped off at the top of the seat tube. BAD BAD BAD.

You pays your money, you take your chances. So, are you feeling lucky today? If not, don't buy this product.

Similar Products Used: RaceFace XY that just wouldn't stop creaking! I killed it with my hammer in a fit of rage.