Crank Brothers Cobalt 3 Zero Offset Seatpost

Crank Brothers Cobalt 3 Zero Offset Seatpost

With its easy-to-adjust single-bolt clamp, the Crank Brothers Cobalt 3 Zero Offset Seatpost will have your saddle perched in a perfect, scranus-satisfying position in the blink of an eye. Crank Brothers machined away as much aluminum as possible?without hindering strength?so you can shred free from weight and free from the fear of a broken post.

[Aug 09, 2013]
MiWolverine

Strength:

Nice looking, low cost, lightweight, simple clamp design.

Clamp design, although simple to use, tends to be rather finicky. Since I knew how I had my saddle set up, it was rather easy. However, torquing the bolt to the specs listed on the post did result in the saddle sliding back. I ended up torquing the bolt to 10 ft-pounds (120 in-pounds) rather than the 106 in-pounds marked on the post. This remedied the sliding of the saddle. I also used carbon pasted on the rails and the tilt portion of the clamp as a precaution. I am not sure if it helped, but it didn't hurt.

I did not have an issue with the saddle changing the tilt position, even when torqued to spec.

All in all, this post is fairly decent. I would not pay the retail price for this post given that there are better posts in that price range. However, since I paid much, much less, I feel it was a good buy.

OVERALL
[Mar 06, 2013]
DAVE SMALL

Strength:

looks good,light

THE CLAMP-what a joke-it doesn't actually work-could this be a practical joke from those crazy CRANKS-haha,haha what a good joke-NOT!!

Checked out the reviews on these and thought it was just people being babies-but no,should have listened,this post is really good looking,but what use is a seatpost you cant adjust? It sticks, so to adjust the tilt etc you have to totally undo it,then it all falls apart. If you want to drive yourself up the wall buy it.Trust me,after 1/2 an hour with the whole seat and post on the table you will be driven mental.Let alone trying to adjust out on a trail.And you need a weird hex key-your 5mm allen key won't work-cranks say 5mm on instructions-not right!!! SHAME ON YOU CRANK BROS-YOU ARE APTLY NAMED.