Avenir Seat Post Seatpost

Avenir Seat Post Seatpost

Avenir Seat Post

[Apr 29, 2004]
GlowBoy

Strength:

Cheap. Micro-adjusts. Reasonably light, especially since I cut the length down a bit.

Gradually slips, until the saddle nose is pointin' up and puttin' too much pressure on the boys.

Bought it for the micro-adjustment. It didn't cost too much, it doesn't weigh too much ... and it doesn't hold. No matter how much you crank down the bolt, jiggle the seat back and forth and crank it down again to make sure it's tight, it still starts to slip after a few miles. Before long the nose is higher than the tail and the boys are getting squeezed.

No budget for a Thomson, so I guess I'm getting the Salsa.

Couple of Kalloys. Thudbuster on the mountain bike.

[Nov 11, 2000]
brendan

Strength:

It's kinda light, I got it because I needed any seatpost for a race, cus my bonty broke.
Nice color, goes well with the bike

tad heavy, scratchy

Good seatpost, if you can still find it, you should buy it...heavier riders should stick to a fatter kind. for a buck from my friend, i'd say I got a pretty good deal

thomson and bonty

[Sep 06, 2000]
Poida

Strength:

looks decent
pretty solid
good long post

none so far

really damn cheap!
pretty light and solid.
set it up 6 months ago and haven't touched it since. Looks good and far better than anything else i have tried in this price bracket.

[Jul 19, 2000]
Joshua Smalley

Strength:

Strong
Not too heavy
Cheap

Nothing that I can think of.

A truly awesome post for the money. I paid $19 at the local shop. I bought it about 6 months ago when I got my new Specialized saddle. Unfortunatly, I wrecked it when I landed a 2 foot drop-off wrong. I had it extended pretty far and I am no lightweight (220lbs), so I am not really mad. Not to mention that it wasn't the first time I had messed up a jump on that post. That isn't all that was damaged though...*cough*. But, I am gonna run out and buy another one tomorrow at the shop, because for those six months it rocked. And at 19 bux, it's a steal. If I could I would give it more than 5 for the value, but since it did bend, even under the aformentioned circumstances, I can't in my right mind give it a 5... more like a 4.8...

Stock post on my Schwinn Mesa GS

[Apr 13, 2000]
zach peterson

Strength:

Extra long, sturdy, nice lookin'

It seems to scratch easily

Strong and not overly heavy. The best dael in the world for under 30 bucks. I don't know how it handles under much weight, but for my 130 lbs. its steady as a rock. The bolt stays tight and the 410mm is expecialy nice.
i would definatly reccomend this post for and cross county racer who want's quality on a budget.For everybody who can afford a more expensive one, I would think twice and buy aviner and save 70 bucks.

[Apr 07, 2000]
mike

Strength:

inexpensive, simple, 425MM,

scratches easy

The cheapest 425mm seatpost I came across.
All the other posts with two bolt seat stays broke and were always a pain to adjust, along ride on my thudbuster and I felt I'd been kicked in the nutz...

control tech, kalloy uno, thudbuster

[Nov 20, 1999]
Eric

Strength:

Price, and light weight

It broke in half after two years. Also the plastic adjuster is useless once its gets dirty

This seatpost did everything it was supposed to do for two years -- until it broke. I weigh 175 and did have the post extended almost to it max--but it broke while pedaling up hill. I never had any problems with the seat coming lose or anything like that. I think it is the same post as the Zoom microset (it has Zoom stamped on the post). 3 chilis (or flaming dead horses) because it did break.

[Jul 17, 2001]
Eric

Strength:

Light weight and cheap

I broke my first one after two years of riding it--into tow pieces right in the middle of the shaft--while climbing!!! I wanted to ride the next day and this was the only 26.8 post my local bike shop had. Well after two years of riding the second one. It is now severely bent.

It also creaks from time to time

It's light and cheap. It is the same post as the Zoom microset (which has horrible reviews). Don't even risk buying this post.

na

[Jun 20, 2001]
cameron allen

Strength:

none realy hate to cut it down but i dont like it

it bottomed out and it is stuck inside the seat post it dosent hold the seat solid were it wiggles it dont fit the hole it slips aroung easily and it scratches realy bad it. My advice dont use it

it sucks big time