Answer Rocker Seatpost

Answer Rocker Seatpost

Rocker

[Dec 29, 2003]
Doug Gangi

Strength:

Clamp is exceptionally easy to adjust, can adjust tilt without affecting fore/aft movement, seatpost stays tight and never squeaks, cool graphics, light weight

I really like this seatpost - primarily the clamp. This is a very smart design and it really works well. I believe the new Answer Carbolite posts have a similar clamp. The best thing about the clamp is that you can adjust the seat angle without affecting the fore/aft movement of the seat (and vice-versa). And the clamp really locks the seat in place without having to torque the hell out of the bolts.

I have been riding with this seatpost for 5 years and it has held up great. It never squeaks or complains - it just works. What else can you ask for in a seatpost?

Other 2-screw designs

[Mar 06, 2001]
Edmund Porter

Strength:

Nice looks

I don't know of any so far

I don't see anything wrong with this seat post. I weigh close 265lbs. and ride my bike with no mercy. For this post to hold me up with the way i ride should say everything. I'm pretty happy with this rockin post. I don't expect any bike part to last a lifetime and i know there will come a time when i will have to replace my post. For now i'll just have to keep on bashing it and when it breaks i'll replace it (and thats if it breaks). Having this post for over two years is pretty damn good for me. I'll give this post four Chilis for it's value because i know there are a lot of other posts that are much cheaper and are just as strong and four Chilis overall because this post will last just as long as any other.

syncros

[Feb 24, 2008]
Casey

Strength:

Great adjustability, cool looking

Adjusting mechanism to post press in point is weak

I went through two of these posts before giving up on it. On the first one I twisted the post where the seat adjustment mechanism was pressed into the tube. If it were welded, I would have no complaints. The replacment post twisted just from making awkward landings. For a guy who weighed in at 130 lbs when I rode it, if was awfuly disapointing.

If you know someone with a TIG welder, your in business, because the adjustment is king. Otherwise, look elswhere.

Stock Coda (broke that one too.)

[Nov 08, 1998]
DION
cross-country rider

THIS SEATPOST IS JUNK!! IN THE LAST YEAR I HAVE BROKEN THREE OF THEM. ALL OF THEM HAVE BROKEN IN THE SAME SPOT RIGHT AT THE POINT THAT THE CLAMP AND THE POST COME TOGETHER. ANSWER KEEPS REPLACEING THEM BUT STILL WHEN YOU PAY THE KIND OF MONEY THAT THEY COST THEY SHOULDN'T BRAKE. I AM EASY ON PARTS PLUS IT IS ON A FULL SUSPINSION BIKE. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH ANY OTHER POST [ DEAN, THOMPSON ] IN FACT THE KALLOY POST THAT COMES STOCK ON MOST CHEAPER BIKES IS MUCH BETER AND COST LESS THEN 1/3 THE PRICE OF THE ANSWER ROCKER POST