Answer Carbonlite Seatpost Seatpost

Carbonlite Seatpost

Answer's Carbonlite seatpost blends the strength and durability of aluminum with the light weight of carbon fiber to create the ultimate seatpost.

K.C.   Cross Country Rider [Nov 14, 2006]
Strength:

Acceptable weight, carbon seatpost with attached aluminum shim seems to prevent slipping and provide strength. Single bolt, adjustable seat clamp keeps it simple.

The aluminum shim on the seatpost can not be mounted below the seatpost clamp. This does restrict how low your seat position can be set. This was not an issue for me.

I have resisted carbon seatposts as I have seen two break (dangerous), and my friends are constantly having to stop riding to adjust their slipping EC70's. I have been riding for many years, and I like to try new products, so I thought I would give it a try. Most of my friends have Easton carbon handlebars and seatposts, so I wanted something a little different. Last year, I purchased the Answer Pro Taper handlebars, and it has been a great product. The Carbonlite seatpost has performed very well so far, only a few rides, but no slippage under agressive cross country riding. I'm not worried about solidly clamping the shim around the seatpost, as it seems to provide protection to the carbon fiber seatpost. So far, very good, further time will tell.

Similar Products Used: This my first carbon seat post.
OVERALL