American Classic One-Piece Post Seatpost

One-Piece Post

• Silver or Black
  • 350mm & 425mm
  • 25.0, 26.4, 26.6, 26.8, 27.0, 27.2, 27.4, 28.6, 29.4, 29.6, 29.8, 30.2, 31.6, 31.8mm

• User Reviews (5)

Hollis   Cross Country Rider [Apr 05, 2009]
    Strength:

looks nice

weak clamp design

Its too weak for a mtn bike, might be ok for a road bike.
    I'm only 165lbs & this post squeaked & squeaked & squeaked.
    I practically dipped it in lube & it still squeaked.
    The clamp does not have enough surface area to be effective.
    Its also a bit fidgety to adjust the seat angle as well.

Similar Products Used: Ritchy, Kore, RaceFace
    Tom   Cross Country Rider [Nov 14, 2003]
    Strength:

Ease of adjustment.
    Beauty of post.

Adjusting piece (for lack of technical terminology) should have been CNC, instead of die cast.

This is the best seatpost I have used. Albeit, it was purple when I got it...30 minutes with Easy-Off and it is now the natural color. Maybe the other reviewers got some poorly made new style or something, but this 7 year old post has been as flawless as the Bontrager itself. This being noted with the fact that the previous owner was 250# +, and I am right at 200#. My brother at 240# bent a Control Tech (with the in-line I-beam) seatpost on two rides. I believe that the rider's behavior on the bike is totally relavent to the integrity of a seat post, and thus far, I have had NO problems at all with this post. Plus, it is simple as pie to adjust.

Similar Products Used: Ritchey, Kalloy (one of the strongest actually), Titec
    Mikko Järvinen   Cross Country Rider [Oct 03, 2001]
    Strength:

Cheap.

Does not work. The small screw with 3mm hex does not stay solid at all. I tried with Locktite also.

The worse MTB product I have bought during recent years. Anyway my mistake. I should have learned years ago that nothing cost efficient or cheap is proper. You always need to buy the most expensive product you can find, especially if you are poor like me :) I'll go for Roox or Easton as soon as I get some money together again. I had been planning on AC hubs also because they are light weight but you bet I will not do that after this experience!

Dont by this product to save your nerves!

Similar Products Used: Ritchey, etc. other rather low cost posts.
    Erik   Racer [Jul 27, 2001]

CORRECTTION TO BELOW: THE PRODUCT RATING SHOULD HAVE BEEN ONE FLAMING CHILI, AS IN THE VERY WORST.

The seatpost clamp is lousy, the shafts are soft and gouge, the shaft will bend easily and it's far below the quality of other American Classic products.

Erik   Racer [Jul 24, 2001]
    Strength:

Price, appearance

Soft aluminum, seat clamp/angle adjustment mechanism

This review is of the clearcoat/uncolored American Classic seatpost, and it could not be more negative. The post is soft and quickly gouged, the seat clamp mechanism uses a "screwjack" for adjustment and tension --a real PITA-- and the post bent after moderate use by a 115lb rider (this is my wife's bike, I'm just the hapless wrench that had to deal with this piece of junk).

We'd had good luck and satisfaction with other American Classic products, but this one is a dead bang loser. Find a different seatpost.