AC Alux Seat Post Seatpost

Alux Seat Post

AC Alux Seat Post

Go Bears!   Cross-Country Rider [Oct 06, 1999]
Strength:

*None whatsoever, literally.

*Post too light--very susceptible to damage.
*Customer service dragged its feet--bad.
*Bolt came loose during ride--disconcerting.

This is a follow up to the previous review. After 2 races and a couple crashes this post has died. The bond between the clamp and the pillar deteriorated and the post could not be used for riding anymore. AC claims that it was due to bending of the post from these two crashes (none very severe, just that seat touched down--WTB saddle came out fine!!). Refuses to offer replacement even though product owned less than one year. As you might guess, my opinion of this product has gone into the dump, along with the post. No chilis--this post stinks!

Similar Products Used: Bontrager Comp--I'm using it again until I find a better one...
Art   cross-country rider [Oct 01, 1997]

I have had bad luck with this post. Set at recomended torque settings it continually came loose. At higher torque the bolt broke. Now it just creaks alot no matter where I grease it. I'd recomend an American Classic instead, they developed the style of head anyway.

Mark Bushaw   Weekend Warrior [Jul 27, 2003]
Strength:

Durable

All the difference in the world. Now I am not limited due to my ass killing me. Wise buy!

Similar Products Used: None
Brett   weekend warrior [Sep 13, 1997]

I have just purchased this post so not a lot of riding time on it as yet. It didnt slip on my first ride though so things are looking good. The post has one of the largest offsets of any post that I have seen. It is extremely easy to set up and hits the scales pretty well considering the good length. I will give it 5 stars because I couldnt find a better post. The worst thing about the AC is the cost.

Go Bears!   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 28, 1999]
Strength:

It's long and strong.

Hasn't shown any.

Set it up and forget about it. All the bolts are still tight, it looks great, and it's about as light as they come.