WTB Vigo SLT Carbon Saddle

This full-bodied race saddle combines an efficient, firm shell with a healthy amount of support in the tail and a well-padded nose. Other amenities on this luxurious saddle include easily replaceable rails, compatibility with Topeak’s QuickClick saddle bags and European styling.

matadorCE   Weekend Warrior [Mar 24, 2014]
Strength:

Very well made, very comfortable, and sharp color scheme. Great balance between comfort for long rides and performance for tackling technical stuff.

Heavy, msrp is way too high, and wish it would have rail markings like the Rocket V.

This is the perfect saddle for me, have it on both of my bikes. Very well made and have zero issues with many miles on it. I tried a Rocket V but it was too narrow for me and the Vigo strikes the perfect balance to be wide enough to be comfortable yet narrow enough to quickly slide between the legs when tackling steep/technical features. I picked both of mine up on closeout, as the msrp is pretty high. The saddle is heavy but it definitely makes up for it in terms of comfort and performance.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager SSR. WTB Rocket V
grandsalmon   All Mountain Rider [Oct 28, 2012]
Strength:

This saddle dials in all the 'likes' I have from my many; firm and well-placed padding, not too short -so easier to move w thighs, titanium rails -if you are going to get the best FOR YOU, then why skimp on what you place your buttt on. The latter mention is important because this saddle also makes a good endurance seat.
Kevlar back corners. Nice channel.

It is not the lightest, but for attributes therein, 'bout the best you can do. I have heard about 2 cases where the rails have slipped out of pan. I have had NO problems, and WTB advertises replacements for this saddle in PARTICULAR.
Not a leather top, but neither here nor there in regard to what is the best material anyway.
Too expensive for where it is made; Asia. Of course just market bear, still too much money.

This great combo-feat saddle has been around for almost 4 years now, so deserving price (and could be found) is around $80, not the $165+ and I'm talking the SLT titanium model!!!
Best shaped mountain saddle I've found, w a good amount of FIRM padding for long, serious rides. I can muscle the seat better than others. Has a clip underside for matching bags; I think topeak and cert. WTB has them. Any technical riding is going to put the seatbag in jeopardy from you -getting behind the seat for steeps, and bike into ground hard -possible snap offs.
WTB says they have replaceable rails, and pans for this model, and I sure hope they do. Maybe a call to their Marin headquarters to ratify sale point. If they didn't -discount!!!

Similar Products Used: SDG Ti-Fly, Various other WTB saddles; Silverado, Pure V, etc... , Serfas Titaniums...
dan0   Cross Country Rider [Dec 05, 2011]
Strength:

strong rails

waek seat pan

my favorite seat, the WTB PureV seems to have weak rails, Ive bent all models. I thought Id try the Vigo as the rails can be replaced. First seat the rear cup that the rails sit in broke, second seat just did the same. lasted a bit over 1 year each. rails are solid and did not bend, padding is a bit firmer than the Pure but compfortable. Ill probably go back to the Pure, they only last six months but they're cheap

hrdude   Cross Country Rider [Sep 21, 2011]
Strength:

Long distance comfort, looks, & padding.

I don't like the white paint accents on the black saddle

I took a chance on this saddle and I'm really liking it. I previously rode the Laser V for many years. The Laser V was always pretty good but not perfect. When looking for a new saddle for my hardtail I knew that I wanted something with about the same width, a better shape & more padding. The Vigo fit the bill so I decided to give it a try. At first it felt slightly more square or boardy than the Laser V but after a few miles I found it disappears beneath me and does not give me sore spots or cramps like the Laser V did. The extra padding of the Vigo is nice and firm when peddling but does a great job of taking the edge off when hitting large bumps. I think that I've found my new favorite mtb saddle.

Similar Products Used: WTB Laser V
bikeosprey   Weekend Warrior [Nov 03, 2009]
Strength:

Most comfortable road saddle, bar none.

Bit heavy, who cares for this comfort.

Tried them all, I have a tender butt, give up the 50 grams and find real comfort.

Similar Products Used: All Selle Italia and Specialized, and more.
Ruger   Cross Country Rider [Aug 07, 2009]
Strength:

Comfortable, long, light (mine is 270g), well made.

None I have found thus the rating.

This is a great saddle! Light and comforatable, a longer saddle with a slightly wider pedalling platform.
Very well cushioned especially for a "race" saddle.
I like a longer saddle gives me more to work with especially climbing, and is well fitted for use with an adjustable seatpost (I think a long saddle works better with my Gravity Dropper).

I'm very critical and have several saddles. I was using a Rocket V slt but never liked it! Never understoodwhy it got such acclaim.

Try the Viggo! Designed for enduro, and long distance XC racing Great all around saddle.