WTB SST .2K Saddle

• Featuring the Comfort Zone soft tissue relief area
  • Leather cover with laser etched WTB logo with gray Kevlar corners with embroidered "WTB" and "SST2K" artwork
  • Weight: Titanium rail: 280 grams; Cromoly rails: 320 grams

• User Reviews (8)

Andy   Cross Country Rider [Jul 09, 2003]
    Strength:

This is a great saddle. It's very strong and comfortable but not squishy. I weigh 220 and have snapped a seatpost bolt but have never bent the rails on this saddle. It has a padded nose that is great for steep, loose climbs.

No significant weakness.

Some might think this saddle is a little wide for sliding off the back on steep downhills but in every other respect it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager that came with the bike. Rails like limp spaghetti.
    Mike   Cross Country Rider [Jul 05, 2002]
    Strength:

Comfy and nice looking

Not like a lazyboy

Great Seat! Just got one on clearence and it was worth all of $20. Must be an upper Midwest thing, but I think this seat is the best cross between racing and comfort.

Similar Products Used: Specialized, Nashbar
    Jeramy   [Feb 23, 2002]
    Strength:

Soft tissue cut out, dropped nose allows for better seated climbing position, kevlar sides allowing smoother movement behind the saddle. Not concerned about what look is hot this month.

I have not found a weakness in this product,not even from the first time I rode my bike. The have stopped making them.

This is the best saddle that I have ridden for long rides of over 50 miles down to the 20+ mile races. I have never got my shorts caught or had trouble sliding off the back for those steep down hill descents. I have felt that the saddle was developed with my style of riding in mind fast, long and fun.

Similar Products Used: Nothing has even come close
    Peter   Weekend Warrior [Mar 29, 2003]
    Strength:

Considerable amount of cushin... nice design, I have been using this saddle for less than 1 day and i can't believe i didn't buy this saddle earlier. Relief zones in all the right places... A MAJOR PLUS!

I have been riding on this for about a day and i can't find any weaknesses yet...hopefully there won't be any.

This saddle was purchased as a replecement for my Performance Forte' Pro SL (Selle Italia made). About a week ago the Forte' began to feel like a razor blade... this was the perfect replacement. I found this saddle at pricepoint and would reccoment that anybody who is looking for a saddle look pricepoint... great selection and great prices. Anybody looking for a sleek and comfortable saddle looke to WTB... I was interested in another brand when a fellow biker reccomened looking into WTB... thanks! I would have never considered buying a WTB... RIDE ON!

Similar Products Used: Specialized Body Geometry (Stock), Performance Forte' Pro SL (Selle Italia made), Bontrager (Gary Fisher Stock)
    Ronsonic   Cross Country Rider [Jul 16, 2006]
    Strength:

Very comfy. An excellent classic shape.

Titanium seat rails are not suited to someone my (220 pound) size. This probably applies to every saddle out there.

Good saddle, available cheap online. If you're a big 'n get the steel rails. Like the weight would make a difference anyway.

The value rating's based on the online remainders price. No telling what this thing listed for originally.

Similar Products Used: All sorts of stuff.
    Bruce Mort   Cross Country Rider [Sep 23, 2004]
    Strength:

It looked good, besides that nothing.

Very uncomfortable but worst of all it broke after only 3 months. The seat rails collasped while I was riding and landed.

I will not be buying another WTB saddle as I do not think this one lasted long enough. I was riding on a normal single track trail with rocks etc and got some airtime came down and the rails on the seat just collasped. NOt the kind of performance I expected from WTB.

Similar Products Used: Gel Tech, Coda
    Jason   Weekend Warrior [Sep 27, 2004]
    Strength:

Strong saddle and the front of the seat feels good during the climbs.

Everything else. OUCH! This seat is very uncomfortable and borders on painful during long rides. I don't even like saddles with a lot of padding but it feels like you are sitting on the plastic shell w/o any padding to me. that being said-it is still worth the $20 you can get it for right now to use as a back up seat :)

My .02 = not a very good saddle...I don't regret buying it though to use as a back-up.

Similar Products Used: speed v, specialized telluride, koski, other wtb's.
    Erik   Cross Country Rider [Jul 08, 2004]
    Strength:

Durable design, classic WTB drop-nose, gonad cutout hidden under shell, beefy ti rails, well padded nose for steep climbing.

Lack of padding on main part of saddle. Stiffer shell than famous .98 version.

I have years and miles on a .98 WTB, and bought this saddle because it appears to be an exact remake of the .98, which is outstanding. The 2k is not.

The 2k has a stiffer, less compliant shell and much less padding on the saddle. This makes it slightly heavier, but much, much less compliant. It's downright HARD on the sit bones. At first, I thought the seat just needed a break-in. After all, my .98 has 6 years of riding on it. It's not the case, and close examination reveals why...see above.

WTB now makes a Pure V that's light, has the same drop nose, the cutout under the shell and a vee groove. Ordered it already...

If you want a very stiff saddle, this may still be okay for you. Otherwise, beware.