WTB Speed V Saddle

WTB Speed V Saddle

• Features the Love Channel and Comfort Zone Soft-Shell technology
  • Black/gray/red leather with cromoly rails & Gel V, 390 grams
  • Black/gray synthetic leather with steel rails

• USER REVIEWS

[May 21, 2017]
    Steve H

Strength:

Cheap price

Too much flex, too much padding to be comfortable after just a few miles

This saddle came on my mountain bike and after just a few short rides, I can't wait to get my new saddle to replace this one! Maybe I'm just used to a higher quality, firmer seat as this one has way too much flex and is entirely to spongy feeling for me. I tried numerous adjustments trying to find a sweet spot that just wasn't there. I'm a bigger guy, 6'2" - 200 lbs., which might account for some of the flex but the soft, spongy feeling was as if it was made for a hybrid cruiser or possible a commuter style. From the many reviews I've read, there's quite a few folks that seem to like it but I must join the ones that have a strong dislike for this seat. Even for a cheaper priced seat, I wouldn't recommend this saddle to anyone.

[Apr 29, 2013]
    michael

Strength:

Inexpensive

Heavy, weak and cheap

The frame bent after about 8 rides (4-16 miles each). I'm 6"0' and 180lbs and ran it on a hardail 29er. I'm not hard on my stuff and it's just unacceptable to me for something to break this fast. You could buy 1 $100 saddle at the beginning of the season or 3-4 of these at $28.
    I'd rather just drop the coin on a better one.

[Oct 24, 2010]
    Richwon4

Strength:

Very Comfortable, looks good.

Frame was bent out of the box, but Bikes direct had a new one in the mail right away. I've road it hard and had no other problems with it.

I really like the seat and plan on wearing it out if that is possible.

[Oct 11, 2010]
    Holmes

Strength:

Cheap, comfortable

none (for what it is)

I've used this on my road and mtn bikes. It's not *quite* as comfortable to me as the WTB Pure V, but pretty darn close. I can easily spend hours in the saddle without padded bike shorts on either of them. I'd say this a great saddle for general road or XC riding. If you want super light, super narrow yadda yadda look elsewhere.

various synthetic saddles, various leather saddles

[Aug 26, 2010]
    dan51

Heavy
    Too flexy

Seat was initially pretty comfortable. However it's too flexy and doesn't support well enough. It flexes so much that the plastic under the seat is getting a whole worn in it by the seatpost bolts that hold the seat to the post. The seat is flexing over 1/2" to make contact with the bolts. I imagine it would flex a bunch more if it didn't hit the bolts.

[Aug 11, 2010]
    mrcaseyman

Strength:

Pretty comfortable for an inexpensive saddle. Only paid $28.

Weak rails.

I only weigh 162lbs and I bent the seat rail. On top of that I use a Thudbuster suspension seat post which really takes out the hard hits so I don't think it should have bent.

Other WTB inexpensive seats.

[Jul 08, 2010]
    lew242

Strength:

Cheap, moderately comfortable.

Heavy and much too bulky.

If you are coming from a regular cheap saddle this saddle certainly is an improvement, it's pretty comfortable and hard wearing, but don't be fooled it isn't that good.

Having ridden on higher-end saddles such as Fizik Gobi and even saddles at the same price point such as Selle Royal Viper, and some of WTBs more expensive offerings, I have to sat this saddle seems way too bulky and resembles some kind of 'city shopper comfort saddle' that has some real wide bulk to it, and sacrifices control on technical downhill sections.

Spend more money or shop around with the same money and you can find something with a better narrower profile for real riding performance and save at least 100 grams off the weight.

All in all seems like a comfortable entry level saddle for newbie hard-tail riders on flat fire tracks. Hardcore riders should spend more money.

Many, some better good some worse.

[May 03, 2010]
    S_Trek

Strength:

Very VERY Comfortable!

None so far

My ass never been so happy! One word best describes this seat, AWSOME!

[Apr 12, 2010]
    TwoHeadsBrewing

Strength:

Cheap, light, comfortable

I tried our various saddles at my local bike shop, and this one was the best...and surprisingly one of the most inexpensive. You can find it for under $28 online. I now use these on my commuter, road bike, and mountain bikes. I can ride for 4-5 hours on my road bike and still be comfortable. And I don't need to ride with padded shorts either to make my seat comfortable.

various other MTB saddles

[Apr 11, 2010]
    j50005
    Downhiller

Strength:

Looks good and cheap

frame bends

these saddles are crap. I have bent 3 of them on both all montain and freeride bikes.

several