WTB Speed V Sport Saddle

• 380g

• USER REVIEWS

[May 26, 2016]
    Rob

Strength:

Seems to be made well

comfort

I can't help but wonder if some of these reviews are from paid individuals because this seat stinks in comfort. I also have a buddy that just bought a tandem that has this seat and he agrees.. terrible.

[Aug 17, 2003]
    V T

Strength:

Comfort Comfort Comfort.
    This is the most plushest seat I hav ever been on. My riding style makes me sit on my seat bone too much. This seat alleviates the discomfort associated w/ that style of riding!
    No pressure between groinal or the "boys".
    Can sit on it hours @ a time.

Material looks cheap. So a wreck could tear it up.

I'm a heavier rider @ 185 so a lot of weight gets planted in the saddle.
    Try this one out.
    It's cheap enough (<$30) that you won't have any regrets if it doesn't fit you.
    Not for the weightfly models...but for the rest of us avg. humans :)

You can ususally find it cheap @ Performance (the Speed V Sport). I can't imagine the lighter Speed models being any better than this one.

Too many to list.
    But seats are a personal thing & it takes alot of seat time to discern which is right for you.

[Oct 01, 2005]
    Bryce

Strength:

Pretty comfortable, durable

Long rides in the saddle get a little painful

Great saddle, came stock on Jamis Durango Sport SX. Durable. Yeah, it is a little painfull after long rides in the saddle but hey, when your mountian biking hard your outta your saddle a lot so that doest effect it. It only effects me on long rides (Road) to the places I mountain Bike at.

N/A

[Aug 27, 2003]
    Miguel Hinojosa

Strength:

-The most comfortable saddle I have ever tried!
    -Love Chanel really works!

-little heavy

-This is the best saddle I've ever ride on.
    -If comfort and price is what you are looking for buy it!!

Bontrager (the one that comes with TREK bikes)

[Aug 10, 2006]
    tyler c

Strength:

supple feel, functional channel attractive price

lifespan

solid, comfy, budget price saddle night and day compared to titec

titec berserker, selle, kona

[May 14, 2003]
    Chris Hall

Strength:

looks really cool
    Strong
    lite
    comfy

none so far

This saddle is supper strong and is realy cool
    I have had problems with other saddles breaking and bending but I have not been able to kill this one yet

[Mar 19, 2004]
    Scott Sjoberg

Strength:

Comfort, Price, Size and Look

The bottom of the seat looks cheaply built... staples showing.

I was looking for a more comfortable seat because the Bontrager seat that came stock on my Trek 8500 really hurt... even on short rides. I mostly use my bike for riding in the city, so I was thinking of getting one of those big fat gel seats, but they just don't look too cool, and I do use my bike off-road sometimes.
    I was a little unsure about the Speed V Sport seat at first, because when I pressed my fingers into it at the shop, the padding felt very simular to that on the stock Bontrager seat I wanted to replace. But after two different bike shops recommended this seat, I decided to give it a try. From the first few seconds I started riding on this seat, I could tell a night and day difference from my stock seat. I don't know how WTB did it, but they designed this mid-sized seat to feel awesome. It flexes right where my bones hit the seat. I would highly recommend the Speed V Sport, and it looks great on my black and grey Trek 8500 too.

Several Bontrager Seats

[Aug 02, 2002]
    Jim Munterich

Strength:

Comfort, shape, size, price

side panels wear easily

Take the time and look for a seat, what might be good for me might not be for you. With all the different designs made there is no need to ride on an uncomfortable seat. Since using this seat I have yet to have an ache on my backside. A worthwhile investment. I wish I had bought one years earlier when I was sitting on a stock SDC Comp. Combining the seat with my new full suspension makes riding an even greater pleasure. If you want to spend the extra money, purchase the laser v dh, it has the kevlar cover to help prevent tearing that you get on the lower priced models. If you want a great seat at a great price the speed v is for you.

Went through many seats over the years until I found this one

[Mar 26, 2005]
    Thomas Lane

Strength:

looks ok.

very uncomfortable.

This seat HURTS. I thought I would get used to it after breaking it in, but this saddle hurts more each time I get on the bike. I've never had such a miserably uncomfortable saddle. It makes me not even want to ride. It even hurts more than the $5 super-cheapo "love channel" Nashbar POS saddle that it replaced. I think I'll try a Brooks next, or maybe something from Wal-Mart. I can't imagine anything could be worse.

At $30, it's probably a good value for the person who fits this seat, which isn't me.

various Vetta saddles and some super-cheap generic saddle

[Jan 20, 2005]
    Andre von Muhlen

Strength:

Strong materials, it will last a long time

Very hard on the bottom, left me with a numbing pain for over a month once, impossible to find a good position

Very hard, I do not recommend. The soft touch does not equal a comfortable ride.

Stock seat on Iron Horse (much better) & GT (so-so)