WTB Speed V Race Saddle

WTB Speed V Race Saddle

• Multi-panel synthetic leather cover
  • Grey gripper abrasion resistant side panels for crash protection
  • Cromoly rails
  • 380g

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 18, 2010]
    ToddM

Strength:

Comfy

failed

I've had really good luck with some older WTB saddles, an other saddles lasting years on various bikes but I've had two WTB saddles with this design fail now. In the older WTB saddles they had a cut out bottom shell with a gray rubber material. The newer ones seem to have a smaller cut out in the bottom of the nose in the saddle with a blue "sticker". Twice that blue sticker has broken which allowed the foam padding of the seat to tear and essentially come through that hole in the bottom of the seat shell. This pretty well compromised the stiffness/integrity of the seat so that while riding it the saddle shell was essentially resting on the rails, not very comfy.

I'm not the lightest rider at around 200lbs in gear but I've had flite and WTB laser saddles with the older design that are 10+ years old and haven't failed. A comfy saddle and pretty reasonably priced if it doesn't fail.

WTB laser, Gobi, Flite, Pure V

[Jul 16, 2003]
    Jimm

Strength:

Comfort

A tad heavy; chi-chi factor (the silver makes it "look" cheesy, dorky and cheap).

WOW! In all honesty, I didn't know a seat could "fit" me this well. A HUGE improvement! The padding is virtually perfect; the groove just right.

WTB, Serfas, Selle Itallia, GT house brand, others I have long forgotten

[May 26, 2003]
    Lance

Strength:

Love Channel, looks alright.

Rails, rails, rails.

I have learned the hard way that this seat is strictly for cross country riding. Did a 5 foot jump to flat and missed the pedals. Bye bye rails. They are now hidden well under the seat. I had ridden it about 4 times before this happened and will vouch for the comfort of the seat. VEEER comfy but do not do any jobs or jumps over about 4 feet and you should be safe. I do jumps and drops frequently so I don't really blame the seat. CROSS COUNTRY only on this one people. Think I will go back to the Azonic love seat for its toughness and comfort.

Azonic love seat, Giant seat

[Feb 04, 2003]
    Jason

Strength:

1. Tough chromoly rails
    2. Comfortable
    3. Affordable

1. Weight (if you care about that kind of thing)

I love this seat. It's wider than my last Bontrager seat. It's softer than my last seat. It's better looking than my last seat (if you care about that kind of thing). It's cheap. The Love Channel cut-out really works. I don't struggle with numbness like I used to. WTB puts out great stuff that lasts. It's a perfect fit for my SC Bullit. I'm sticking with WTB seats. Money well spent!

[Apr 30, 2004]
    Paul

Strength:

Comfort and ease to move from sitting to standing or sliding to rear on downhills.

None noticed yet.

You forget about this seat when you ride which kind of says it all. Quality seems good and comfort is suprising for the size of seat. Durability seems good; I weight 250 lbs. Good job WTB!
    Good choice for trail cross country riders.

Selle Italia & Bike Mate; both gave me problems.

[Mar 01, 2003]
    Robert
    Downhiller

Strength:

VERY comfortable.
    Strong rails.
    Durable.

Don't advertise enough.

I bought a new hardtail about 2 years ago, and this saddle came with the bike. It amazed me more than any other component on the bike. I'd never ridden a saddle that was comfortable for a long period, but this one was immediately comfortable. Even after a 4 hour epic ride, my butt feels fine.

Almost 2 years later, the saddle is a bit worn, but not torn. The rails are like new, which is unusual as I usually ruin rails (and seatposts) within a few months as I weigh 230 and land on the seat a lot. And best of all, the saddle is as comfortable as the day I bought it.

Numerous seats.

[Jul 30, 2002]
    Holy Cromoly

Strength:

- Price
    - Comfort
    - Looooooooove Channel

- Too many logos and graphics

I have been actively cycling for 12 years now and this saddle has dethrown'd the Specialized Body Geo Pro as the most comfortable saddle for active riding.

The elastometer/rubber shell under the sit bones means that your sitbones never comes into contact with a hard surface.

I have been unhappy with saddles in general. It seems either many saddles are too firm (Flite type) or just too plush (Serfas Rx type). The ones that are too firm are good for preventin crotch numbness, but hurt the sit bones about 1 hour into a ride. The overly plush ones feel good on the sitbones but there's too much pressure on the crotch area.

The Speed V Race feels excellent and has the best of both worlds: sit bone comfort and no crotch numbness.

The shape is still narrow enough so that it's easy to slide behind the saddle during descents and tech sections.

My only complaint is it's overly designed graphics. There are just too many logos and graphics on it. There's really no need to brand a saddle with so many decals because: it's tacky looking, and secondly it's not even seen when the bike is being ridden.

I have only had this saddle for 3 weeks, so I cannot comment on long term durability.

Specialized Body Geometry Pro, Comp, MTB Comp
    Serfax Rx
    Fizik Nisene

[Jul 20, 2005]
    John

Strength:

WTB name, confort, value, quiet and looks great

low-end rails

I am done with Bontrager saddles, WTB recomended

first WTB saddle

[Jul 30, 2002]
    Darrin

Strength:

Light weight, comfortable, able to get behind on steep declines, colors scheme, You ride longer, less pain.

Decals wear off, but who really cares! Performance is offing a good price for this seat now.

Since I like this seat, I will probably up grade to the Laser V when I need a new seat. The Laser V is supposet to be even better. If you don't want to spend $100 for a Laser V, than this seat is for you! Happy Riding!

Specialized (terrible) Trek stock (ok) Schwinn (Horrible)

[Dec 13, 2002]
    Matt

Strength:

Super comfy. Very light weight. Cool red look.

I can't figure out which model mine is. A little wide. Funny red color.

This saddle ROCKS. I have no idea what model I have though. It's Black on top, red on the sides. Mine weighs an honest 275g, which makes it a lot lighter than any other I've ever seen. I also have a regular Speed V (on my wife's bike), which looks identical except that it's gray, a little thicker from top to bottom, softer, and a LOT heavier. The red color was a bit much until I added red Panaracer Fire XC Pros, which tied it in nicely. This is the most comfortable saddle I've ever used on my MTB. It is a little wider than I like (for getting behind the saddle), but it's never been a problem. Just something I notice. Mine has less padding than my wife's, but for my butt it's actually much more comfortable. (She likes hers better, so everybody's happy). It's still a lot softer than my Flite (which I loved). I doubt I'll ever find a saddle that is significantly better than this one. Certainly not for that price!

Speed V Comp, Koobi Xenon, Flite Gel Ti