WTB Silverado Pro Saddle

WTB Silverado Pro Saddle

Mount up a bum-lovin' Silverado Pro Saddle, and treat yourself to WTB's dedication to pampering mountain bike-riding posteriors. A long, flat nose makes climbing on-the-rivet with the Silverado Pro less painful than narrow, scrot-torturing racer-boy saddles. Meanwhile, a Flex-Tuned shell and...

[Jun 30, 2013]
Country Taters
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Looks sexy. Very comfortable for me. I bought this to replace a WTB Pure V and I was worried that the obvious lack of padding could potentially suck. This saddle is even more comfy than my Pure V. WTB saddles always seem to fit me well, but of all the saddles I've ever had, this is the most comfortable.

After a ride it tends to not smell so good.

So far I'm digging this saddle. Like I said, it looks sweet and is comfy as hell for me. I know everyone's built differently. I'm a big boy, 6'-3" @ 215 lbs and this saddle fits my dumper great. Assuming it never self destructs, I would absolutely scoop up another down the line.

WTB Pure V, Speed V, & Laser

[Sep 26, 2012]
Trail rider

Strength:

Looks good

The rails popped out after only a few rides. Couldn't pop them back in.

Definitely NOT recommended

[Aug 23, 2012]
Ze_Zaskar

Strength:

Really confy (to me), light, good looking

None so far, but I expect the white lettering on top will fade away with use

I had a Brooks B17 for some time, which I loved. The problem was maintenance and excessive width, so I moved away. I've tried a number of saddles after the B17, like the Spoon or the Gobi XM, with bad results. Then I bought a Silverado on a shop clearance for less than 20$, just to try it out. Well, to my surprise it is the most confortable saddle I ever sat on, next to the mighty B17. It makes some sense, since when viwed from above the Silverado has a similar shape to the B17, and is equally flat.
Saddles are a really personal component, but for all the B17 lovers who have a desire for something more off roadish you should try the Silverado, it may surprise you

Brooks B17, Charge Spoon, Fizik Gobi XM, Selle Italia SLR

[Jul 30, 2012]
zaskcarb

Strength:

Comfortable especially as it's designed to flex quite substantially

Once it pops out of the rails that's it

I had this saddle no longer than 1 month as standard fitment on my Zaskar Carbon Pro 29er and on one of my trail rides it popped off and could never get it back on.

I f you have one I would strongly suggest you have gaffer tape handy otherwise your ride will end quite quickly.

Not recommended

[Dec 24, 2011]
ihaveagibsonsg

Strength:

Comfortable, looks sharp, light weight.

N/A

This saddle came on my GT Sensor 9r expert. It is much more comfortable than the bontrager saddle that came on my trek and the specialized saddle that came on my 2006 FSR XC Comp. I did a 43 mile trail ride on it the other day and I had more left to give! I've only owned it for a few weeks, but I've put over 200 miles on it already so I'd say I'm pretty experienced with it. If it broke, the only reason why I'd purchase a different saddle is just to experiment with others since I'm newer to the sport. Otherwise I'd purchase this one. I am a lighter guy though at around 150 pounds. If you were a more heavy set person I'd imagine this saddle might get lost inside you. Highly recommended for the light weight guys.

[Jun 09, 2011]
korbs

Strength:

Super comfortable. fits my tail just right with numerous places to scoot my tush around while battling rock gardens and decents. long nose to balance on while climbing

none, white gets dirty...

Ive ridden many saddles and this one seems to be perfect for me. hoping many of you think the same.

Long saddle gives me a few places to sit while traversing through single track. Nose is long and soft to sit on while climbing. rear provides a nice cushion for those flats.

I would recommend folks try riding on this saddle.

wtb valcon, wtb pure v, selle italia, specialized

[May 17, 2011]
hags707

Strength:

None, light

Cover peeled and not very comfey

I didn't like this saddle

WTB pure v

[Feb 05, 2011]
Earthpig

Strength:

Comfortable, narrow enough to easily get back off the saddle on the steeps, light

fragile - tore the saddle of the rails on one mellow crash; rails are set too far back on the saddle

I used the Flite Genuine Gel for over 10 years on multiple bikes. I never could understand why I would get bad saddle sores every year. Well, when I started using the Silverado - and got no saddle sores - I understood! The Silverado has become my go-to saddle of choice. I've had both the Ti and Chromo railed versions. Honestly, I can't tell a weight difference between them, but I'm not a weight weenie. The Silverado is comfy for long rides - I've done an 18 hour endurance race (2-man) on one, and have ridden 100+ miles over a couple of days on it as well with no pain. I also like it's narrow shape - it makes it easy to get off the back of the saddle on the steeps.

My only complaint is fragility. I've done my share of crashing over 15 years of mountain biking and have NEVER broken a saddle - except for the Silverado. One slower speed UPHILL crash and the saddle popped off the rails. Once that happens, the saddle is toast. Given its relatively minimalist design, I'm not overly surprised that it's less than sturdy. Bottom line, I wouldn't use this saddle on a DH, dirt jump, FR or any other big air sort of bike. XC saddle only.

The only other nit I have with it is the positioning of the rails. They are set so far back on the saddle that it's hard to get the saddle back as far as you could with a saddle with rails that are positioned closer to the nose (ala the Flite.) I ended up having to get a setback post on one bike because the saddle wouldn't go far back enough.

At $60, it's relatively inexpensive and I've picked them up off Steep and Cheap for $35 - for the ti rail version! As long a WTB keeps making this saddle, I'll keep buying it.

Selle Italia Flite and Flite Genuine Gel

[Sep 21, 2010]
joeinchi

Strength:

Anatomically-friendly, sleek good looks, scuff proof

Not leather (oh well)

I ride on some pretty harsh roads in the Midwest and the Silverado has held up fine. I was looking for a flatter seat than the stock Marin Lite which had a bit too much duck tail to allow easy position shifts. And it always felt like I was pressing back against the "lip."

The Silverado has been a fantastic upgrade. Seat technology has come a long way and the design puts my seat bones exactly where they should be for efficient riding. I used a level to set it with zero slope (+ or -) and that ensures you get all the benefits those comfort zones and grooves offer.

It may produce some soreness after the initial ride but, once your butt is broken in, the Silverado is actually a very comfortable saddle. I just completed a 20-mile charity, up and down many hills, and the Silverado performed admirably: efficient and comfortable. I forgot it was there which is surprising given the minimal padding.

Comfort comes in many forms. For me, being able to stay in the saddle and crank at pretty decent cadence (80 rpm) without impediment is pure gold. If that's what you're looking for, too, then the Silverado is definitely a performance-oriented, well-made option worth considering.

Marin Lite stock saddle

[Sep 01, 2010]
slim2none

Strength:

Nice shape, flatter design that allows good position on saddle climbing and descending.

This saddle is built like a cheap piece of garbage. Cannot believe this saddle retails for $90.

I sort of liked the overall shape and profile of this saddle and the low weight. The problem with it is it's a piece of junk. The rails popped out on me on a ride from the nose of the saddle. There is virtually no way of getting them back in. I called WTB and the best advice they could give me was to buy a new saddle from them at a discounted price - I thought fair enough. Come to find out they are out of stock and it would be a month before they could get me a new one. I have NEVER had a saddle rail just pop out of the nose of a saddle in over 20 years of riding. Complete garbage - stay away. WTB should be ashamed of this $90 piece of plastic garbage.

Selle Italia, San Marco