WTB Shadow V Pro Saddle

WTB Shadow V Pro Saddle

WTB Shadow V ProGel Titanium Saddle is ideal for any Road/MTB racing condition. Designed with a Leather and Synthetic cover. Love Channel technology with Gel inserts for extra perineal and soft tissue relief. Abrasion Resistant corners. Titanium rails

[Apr 03, 2012]
Peter

Strength:

Very comfortable, easy to move around on, long nose gives great control.

I got back into biking in 2010 on my old Trek 800 Sport and my A$$ was sore as hell! Tried a bunch of saddles and no joy. I even bought a used Trek Y5 full suspension hoping that would help (not much). My LBS let me try a bunch of take-offs that didn't work for me until I finally took his advice about a narrower saddle with no soft padding. Eureka! Found the Shadow V on eBay and tried it on both bikes. I now have two of them, one on each bike. I have not had any problems with the rails bending and have not enjoyed riding this much since I was a teenager. I weigh 215# + hydration pack and this saddle has stood up on both the ridgid and full suspension frames.

trek, bell comfort, zefal, allbones, bontrager inform R, & inform RL

[Oct 25, 2011]
coop666

Strength:

Great saddle for the price- £20 in a sale, easy to move around on. Real comfy but then I only weigh in at 165lbs wet. Used on general xc trails and trail centre at Cwm Carn in Esat Wales- until a rail snapped last week.

Left rail snapped on a general ride out. Contacted Wtb last week to see if they still made it or if it was a known fault, but no reply. Not the best customer care- so opting for something else .

Nice and light but qality a bit of an issue. I'm not into big drops, but ride a mmountain bike where it's supposed to be ridden - on a mountain. A snapped rail after 18months-2years of not real hard use is dissapointing - no reply from WTB is worse, but for 20 quid- can't really complain.

Used a Pure race V before this but found the middle stitching a bit of a pain in the a*se..

[Jul 24, 2009]
renaissancebikr

Strength:

Solid and very well built, comfortable, light weight, great looks without looking hokey.

What can I say. This is one great saddle. Very comfortable on long rides. Narrow profile means no chafing and easy to maneuver onto and off of on technical sections. I hear that this seat is discontinued. If so, what a shame. I'm considering getting one for my hybrid/tourer or as a backup.

various other seats

[Mar 17, 2009]
chriskoob

Strength:

For me this is a very comfortable saddle. It is narrow and slick, so I can get behind it easily, It is also very lightweight.

I have owned two, and I have managed to bend the rails on both seats. You would think you would realize when this happens, but for some reason I could never pin point the exact time. I suspect it was when I was behind the seat and went off a ledge and my weight came down on the seat tummy first. --I also ride a hard tail, so it is more brutal on seats and weigh around 175+ camelbak.

I love this seat. I'd buy a bunch if I could find them at a disposable price. Each seat lasted me about 4 months of riding and racing. --Maybe 600 to 800 miles of off road trail use.

If your a little lighter (in the 145 lb range), ride a full suspension, or ride less agressively, this is a great seat. You might want some thing a little stronger (or this version with cr molly rails)

Three chillis on value since I bent the rails. 5 overall because I love the way it fits.

[Jan 29, 2009]
Freddy

Strength:

Light weight, Comfy, strong and durable.

None for me

THis review is for the Ti Gel model

This saddle is very comfortable, light weight enough, and has lasted 2 years. I put about 300 miles a month on it during the summers and about 100 a month in the spring and fall, so I think that I have found a winner... and all for $50.00. I tried a lot of other saddles before I found this one, and this on is the best by far for me. Saddles are a very personal thing as far as fit goes, but fit aside, the materials and workman ship of this saddle are top notch. This saddle originally had a MSRP of about $120, but you can now find them as low as $50. I don't think that WTB is making this one any more so I bought a back up just in case I need to retire this one.

too many to list

[Oct 14, 2008]
dtacmed

Strength:

Well Made, Good Looks, Comfort,

A very sleek and comfortable saddle with great looks. Easy to shift weight while riding. Would highly recommend this saddle.

Other WTB Saddles, Fizik, RavX

[Sep 27, 2008]
Kyle C

Strength:

Light, simple (no funky gimmicky comfort design), looks great, and super comfortable

I didn't buy it sooner

It's light and very comfortable, which is rare.