WTB Pure V Pro Saddle

The Pure V features a distinctive drop nose design, wide whale-tail pedaling platform and an ergonomic contoured shape, incorporating a Flex-Tuned shell with Comfort Zone cutouts.The Pure V isThe saddle choice of freeride legends Wade Simmons andThomas Vanderham. Nicro rails Synthetic cover Weight: 250 g

LCW   All Mountain Rider [May 12, 2016]
Strength:

Comfort, comfort and comfort. Supportive whale tail. Good width - my site bones are 12 cm wide. Great padding. Looks good also. I've got the smooth cover same as shown in the image above. No stitching on seating surface.

Weight would be the only one and it isn't that bad for a cro-mo railed saddle. 278 g.

Amazing comfort!! The only saddle that doesn't make my sit bones sore. Far more comfy that Rocket V or Silverado. Even blows away my Fizik Gobi which I thought was quite cushy... that is until I rode the Pure V. Curved nose provides great support on steep grinding climbs. Taint channel also very helpful.

Similar Products Used: WTV Rocket V, WTB Silverado, Fizik Gobi XM
Mike1237   Cross Country Rider [Apr 05, 2013]
Strength:

Very comfortable/Relatively Light Weight

None so far. I guess I wish the fabric was leather instead of synthetic. Whatever?

I think this is a great saddle for the money. If you look hard enough you can usually find them for under $70 online. For me this saddle is cushy enough to ride all day on. Before I had this I was using a WTB Silverado SLT saddle which is an ultralight race saddle. It's pretty comfy, but beyond 20 miles or so on my bike I start having to stand to relieve the hot spots for short periods. I got the pro v to use as my everyday non race/training saddle and I'm really happy with it. It's plenty comfortable for most mildly conditioned bikers to use for long rides . I don't get sore at all and it makes riding all that much more pleasurable. It's durable enough for the cross country trail and cushy enough for long road rides. As for me I'll keep this on my bike almost full time and swap out for the lighter Silverado on race day. There would be nothing wrong with racing the pro v however. If your looking for a versatile saddle that's durable, relatively light, comfortable and doesn't break the bank this is it. I did notice another user did not post a favorable review for it's durability in consideration of downhill conditions. I can't speak to downhill but for for any cross country trail riding I'm certain this seat would be fine for for anyone 250 pounds or under in rugged cross country conditions.

Similar Products Used: Speacialized Phenom and WTB Silverado
aknoefel   Cross Country Rider [Jul 17, 2010]
Strength:

The curved profile offers multiple seating positions, preventing sore spots. The drop-downb nore prevents snags when climbing.

Finally a saddle that works for me! Other test rides left sore spots, but this one fits by behind like a second skin. Cormy on long climbs, single track, etc,...

Similar Products Used: WTB Devo, WTB Vigo, Specialized Henge, Specialized Rival
Uncle Six Pack   Weekend Warrior [Jun 24, 2010]
Strength:

comfortable, pretty durable, got really good prices on ebay by being patient

Great seat, no complaints. They have gotten some wear around the edges, but seem pretty durable otherwise.

Similar Products Used: specialized
Norco_Hitter   Weekend Warrior [Feb 06, 2010]
Strength:

Comfortable

NiCro tubular rail are very weak

Don’t buy this saddle! It lasted three days on my DH bike before the rails were totally bent and the saddle tad totally changed shape. The NiCro tubular rail are very weak (shame on you WTB) and bend in no time. This was not my fault at all. I weight 200 lbs

Similar Products Used: WTB Lazer Cr rails, Fizik Gobi XM, SDG Bel Air
mojavehanna   Cross Country Rider [Jan 27, 2009]
Strength:

Comfy, good quality, looks good, fairly light.

has a slight "creak".

This is a good seat for the money. It could be a little longer overall, but if your looking for a narrow high performance saddle that you can still actually ride for a few hours at a time look no further. I like this seat because it is narrow and I can slide off the back of the bike without hanging up on the seat. I also like the Kevlar side bumpers that keep the seat from tearing the first time you fall over. The quality seems to be decent and the durability good as well. Bottom line, a good seat for the money.

Similar Products Used: I have used lots of seats in my day.
diamondback_hardtail   Cross Country Rider [Sep 27, 2008]
Strength:

nice comfortable feel once adjusted

Has a tendency to start hurting after you have been stationary in it for 10+ miles

Not the most comfortable saddle out there but definately bang for your buck.

Brett   Cross Country Rider [Jul 30, 2008]
Strength:

comfortable

For the price this is a durable and comfortable saddle.

Similar Products Used: Have this saddle on all 4 of my mountain bikes.
Dan0   Cross Country Rider [Jan 22, 2008]
Strength:

comfort, strength

this is the best saddle Ive ever used