WTB Devo SLT Saddle

WTB Devo SLT Saddle

WTB Devo SLT Titanium Saddle. Broad, supportive Nylon fiber shell with perforated leather top. Rear Comfort Zones alleviate ischial pressure and better disperse rider weight. - Lightweight DNA padding with center channel to relieve pressure. - 265mm

[Apr 21, 2014]
sroc3

Strength:

Very Comfortable
Lightweight (206 gms on my scale)

When i first received the saddle and put it up against my Bontrager one, I noticed how it was about 1 inch shorter in length. This concerned me at first but when I installed it, I lined it up w/ the rear of the existing saddle and then drew a line down to the rails. This saddle ROCKS. I usually would have some discomfort as my ride would start but right when I began my ride and rode for 3 hours.....No pain, no discomfort, no break-in. I'm very happy with it :)

[Jan 14, 2014]
EddyKilowatt

Strength:

Seems well built, haven't had any durability issues in 3+ years. Fits me great, remarkably comfortable on long rides -- my butt's the only thing that DOESN'T hurt... but what fits you might be different.

Graphics wear off, but that just gives it a nice used-denim look.

As everyone else notes, the thing that matters is how the saddle fits YOUR unique arrangement of bones and squishy bits. There's nothing for it but to try several, this is a great way to patronize your Local Bike Shop, and buy the one that works for you. Even if it's not the lightest... this is not the place to obsess over grams or even ounces.

[Feb 27, 2012]
Johnny RC
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Light, Comfortable, Shorter overall, so less snags with baggy shorts, but still very comfortable.

Minimal padding, proly not a good idea to ride without chamois on this. High dollar, but it comes across Chainlove now and then.

I was sceptical of this saddle, because it is so minimal, but it is actually really great. I replaced a WTB Pure V with the Devo, and glad I did. It's shorter, but still wide, and VERY light, and over the 2 hour rides I do, I have had less numbness with this. Also, I am a smaller rider, right on the cusp of Small and Medium frames, depending on brand, and this seat fits the shorter cockpit ALOT better. I have alot less snag issues with the nose on this seat. It's only been a month, but it seems to be solidly built, and all leather, so should stand up to my AM riding on my Titus El Guapo just fine. I picked it up on clearance, so took a chance.

If you find one on sale, pick it up and give it a try. It may surprise you.

WTB Pure V, Bontrager select

[Jul 30, 2010]
Indytim

Strength:

Very supportive in the right places (seatbones), but nice breakaway for thigh clearance. Also compliant in the front. Lightweight, firm seat that's good for hours in the saddle on either my road bike or my 29er.

Um, they're not free?

This is a great seat for me and I use it across all of my bikes. But it may not fit for you -- it could carry 5 stars and still be a lousy fit for someone. Spend the time, try a bunch of seats to find the right one. They all fit a little differently.

I've tried about 10 different seats, including fizik, Terry Ti Fly, Serfas, etc. This is the only seat that works for me. I had it on my mountain bike, and was looking for something for my road bike. After 1.5 hours in a fitting session at my LBS, they finally suggested I go home and try my Devo on my road bike. I loved it, won't go back.

[Sep 27, 2009]
JeffS

Strength:

Comfortable. Good thigh clearance, Thin but dense padding.

The leather cover is not as durable as some synthetics. The short and thin nose makes balancing with your thighs more difficult. I didn't notice until I put it on my road bike and tried to ride no-handed. This is a non-issue for the trails.

For me, this is the best saddle I've ever ridden. I ride it on the trails, on my daily commuter, and road bikes. Maybe I'd like a larger nose, but maybe it would take away something.

There's obviously a number of fans out there because ebay prices remain pretty high.

30+ saddles including WTB, fizik, bontrager, brooks, etc.

[Jul 30, 2009]
winsail

Strength:

Great saddle, minimal padding but much more comfortable than heavily padded seats. This saddle keeps my butt from going numb on long rides. Best I've ever ridden

Graphics rub off fast. Not really an issue

Great saddle, Lightweight, comfortable, I ride at least 5 days a week and this saddle saves my butt. I would buy another.

Other WTB and Bontrager saddles

[Jun 27, 2009]
RobXC

Strength:

Light and comfortable

I guess not cheap, but I got mine for free.

After an unfortunate encounter with a clearance sign that took the life of my old WTB our local rep threw me this beauty. It definitely is hard, but after hours of ridding I am as comfortable as when I started. Maybe its a good thing that clearance sign took my old saddle out...

Speed V

[Feb 27, 2009]
mahshroom

Strength:

Light, Good support, just enough flex and pad, but not too much that it'll give you a sore rear

saddle outer layer is prone to quick wear and tear

This saddle was purchased to replace my WTB rocket V because it was slightly wider. In first few 13 mile rides I noticed much improved comfort over Rocket V, that story ends there as my rear started to numb. The saddle is still too narrow for me and my seat bone boarders the edges of the saddle. If the width was right it'd make a comfortable saddle as it is not overly padded like many saddles out there. It gives just enough flex and pad to give feeling of a B17 leather saddle (trust me, nothing beats brooks saddle!!!). Would be a perfect racing saddle for those spend less time on the saddle. The cover material can be more durable as mine is wearing from shafting from only 1 season of use. I am going to save for another B17.

WTB Rocket V

[Dec 05, 2008]
TekBolt

Strength:

Light weight, comfortable.

None.

After trying at least a dozen other light weight seats this one is the best for me, by far. It's a few millimeters wider than most racing-oriented seats, which fits my arse just right. There's not a lot of padding, but the seat base itself is rather compliant, allowing just the right amount of "give".

Lots.

[Jul 22, 2008]
linZ

Strength:

light

tore my ass up

man this saddle did cruel things to my backside in no time flat

wtb rocket, terry fly