Waveflow Saddle Saddle

Waveflow

[Sep 25, 1998]
Gerry
cross-country rider

It seems that there was definitely a quality control with the flo material. I bought one of these about two years ago for our Santana Rio after the gel in the Vetta saddle hardened to a brick. I just bought a Proflex Reptile and swapped saddles with the Santana since I ride it less. I admit the saddle always looks pretty crummy after a ride, but the material always returns to its original configuration by the following day. I weigh about 160 and for me, it has been and still is extremely comfortable.On the other hand, my son also has one which he found on sale this year and the flo material in his feels like it's getting hard.I give mine 4 chilis and his 2 chilis, averages to 3.

[May 12, 2000]
Greg Groth

Strength:

No break-in period

Hard to find

I purchased my first saddle in '91 and fell in love with it immediately. The Waveflo saddle is a gel saddle more in name than conventional thinking. The gel is more of a paste (it reminds me of Stretch Armstrong) than a gel. The seat is constructed with just enough gel so the seat will conform to your backside. There was no feeling of bouncing or wiggling that I have experienced with other gel seat products. Because the seat uses the gel in this fashion, I found that it conforms to my body immediately, and there is no break-in period. This has also eliminated the problems of chaffing and unwanted pain from pressure in the wrong areas. I did experience some soreness on longer rides (30 miles+), but attribute this to my riding style. I tend to sit in a more upright position than is considered "normal".

On another note, a recent auto accident has caused me to find a replacement for my old saddle. After trying to locate a dealer that carries the seat with no luck, I was going to purchase a brooks flite, but was hesitant because I ride to work in my work clothes (didn't want to get them dirty). I accidently stumbled accross Waveflo's website and found that they sold direct. I purchased their Titanium racing saddle for $20, and found it just as comfortable as it's predecessor. To sum up, if you are looking for a saddle with a lot of padding, you probably won't be happy with this seat. If you are looking for a saddle that requires little maintenance, is light weight, affordable, and conforms to your body as soon as you jump in the saddle, you might want to give this one a try.

(Note: I am 6 foot 240 lbs. and ride on lousy pavement -commuting 100 miles per week)

Brooks, San Marcos, Selle Italia

[Nov 22, 1996]
rick floyd
weekend warrior

By the second ride, the gel was migrating down the sides of the saddle. After I
got off the bike, the saddle looked like someone had smashed it with a baseball
bat. Pretty useless.

[May 29, 1996]
Luc Hamel
racer

This is A very good saddle if you have a kevlar-covered butt. I used one for half a season and I found it very hard once the liquid gel padding inside has set in. On long rides (especially hot weather) the padding disappeared and you only have a small layer of leather between the plastic shell and your chamois. The nose is quite sharp and on steep climb it digs in your tenders parts. ouch!