Titec Ithys Amore Saddle

Our latest Ithys saddle technology, complete with abrasion-resistant Kevlar-trimmed leather cover and our Relief Zone™ saddle nose padding design, front and rear bash guards, and hollow Cromoly rails – all at a price you’ll amore. Choose from an array of 4 colors!

• Cover: Leather & Kevlar
  • Rail: Hollow Cromoly
  • Colors: Black, Blue, Red, Yellow

• User Reviews (32)

Mr. Lumberg   Weekend Warrior [Oct 01, 2005]
    Strength:

Light weight, good profile for shifting weight back for the hills. Best I can say about it is that it holds your ass up.

Complete lack of comfort. It felt like I was sitting on a 2x4.

I gotta come clean here, my ass has had a chance to soften back up a bit, but DEEEYYAMMM this thing hurt! My mt. and road bikes were both ripped off awhile back and I haven't had much chance to ride in that time. I didn't have the green to replace them, but I recently found the Yeti at bikeuys.com and snapped it upbefore they were completely gone. (They discontinued the Koko, despite killer ratings. BAD YETI! BAD!) It was one of the lower-end models, not due to the frame but the equipment on it, so I bought knowing I'd be upgrading as I went along. That's fine; I'm an engineering student and I love to tinker anyway, but after only a short trip being felt the day after, I am starting with the seat.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager, Serfas gel crap, the stocker off my old GT hardtail
    steven malone   Weekend Warrior [Jun 14, 2003]
    Strength:

light weight, helps control bike on turns because of hardness.

uncomfortable, but what seat isn't when its made for harder mtbing.

cushy seats are for street riders, unless you like to sit while riding on the trails.

Shaker666   Cross Country Rider [Mar 04, 2006]
    Strength:

Good looking, reasonable construction quality.

Like riding on a piece of 3" steel tube layed out horizontally.

This saddle is likely more useful for cross country riding where you're not continuously seated (as in road riding). I find myself riding quite a bit on pavement these days and this thing makes me numb on long hauls.

Similar Products Used: Nothing else yet.
    Ali   Weekend Warrior [Mar 03, 2004]
    Strength:

very comfortable, durable, good looking, and extremly light weight for its size. nicely stitched and good color combo.

this is the best! I love its agressiveness and feel. i got the newest version... I would buy it regardless of riding style. the seat is very strong and can take a beating.... the best I have had!

Similar Products Used: gt saddle
    John   Cross Country Rider [Jan 16, 2002]
    Strength:

You forget it is there! Best thing there can be about a saddle.

Tough to find, other than Titec, which of course is at full MSRP.

Saddles are definitely more of personal choice than other components, as butts can pretty different from person to person. That being said, every one I know who has tried a Berserker or one of the new Ithys series saddles refuses to go back to anything else.

The Ithys is simply a cut down, shortened with less rear flair, Beserker with a perforated shell in the junk area that flexes. This works really well for me while providing support where needed, comliance where needed without the ridges of other so called anatomic saddles. Weighed the saddle, yea it's geeky but I was bored, and it was 230 grams. Easier to get off the back than the beserker, but looses some of that couch feel that the beserker has. My particular saddle has a yellow leather cover, while holding up well, it has absorbed some green dye from various pairs of bibs. No big deal, just looks well used. If you can find the Ithys series for less than MSRP, they can't be beat.

Five flamming grenades!

Similar Products Used: Titec Berserker, WTB's, Selle Italia gel flite, many more
    k-man man   Cross Country Rider [Apr 08, 2004]
    Strength:

This thing really blows.
    I thought it was my rear shock being too stiff
    but it's just that this sat is too hard. I'm switching to something else. I had WTB Rocket V on my Jamis XLT, it was uglier but much more comfy.

To hard.
    If all you do is downhill I guess it's allright cause you never sit down!

Don't waste you money.
    there are much better saddles out there for less.

Similar Products Used: Rocket V
    robotkiller   Cross Country Rider [Apr 12, 2004]
    Strength:

gets out of the way, looks good, well made.

It's hard -- that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is for some.

Basically, if I had a Cannondale or another stiff @ss ride I would stay far away from this saddle. I ride a nice cushy full suspension and frankly I don't want a softy saddle that pogos me around -- I feel with this saddle a greater amount of control that my older saddle didn't really provide. The saddle is hard, but it is not uncomfortable -- I forget it's there, so I know it works.

I like it, but I can see how some may not. Some people like big soft heavy saddles -- not me. Another nice thing is that the nose is wider than most and the rear end is narrow -- I've had less problems getting behind than before.

If you want a comfort cush ride, if you commute or if you ride a really stiff aluminum ride and like to spin, then this saddle may not work for you. In my experience, this saddle compliments a full suspension well.

Oh yeah, its inexpensive.

Similar Products Used: ritchey vector wing
    Jeff Murchison   Cross Country Rider [Feb 23, 2004]
    Strength:

looks and comfort

heavy and tears easy

I have used the saddle for about 550 miles now all single track here in Ga. When I first got the saddle I thought it might be a little to hard as it didn't seem to have any give to it. But after my first ride with it on the trail I new I had a winner. The saddle never gets in the way and to be honest I never think about which is how a saddle should be. It causes me no pain or soreness and lets me move around on it with ease. I am 6'2 210lbs so I am a rather big guy. I didn't give it a overall 5 as I feel the wieght could be less.