Titec Berserkr DH Saddle

Berserkr DH

The Berserkr DH features thick padding and our popular Berserkr shape, reinforced with Kevlar panels and bash guards for long-term durability.

• Cover: Leather & Kevlar
  • Rail: Hollow Cromoly

• User Reviews (7)

Jon   Cross Country Rider [Jul 16, 2003]
    Strength:

Well padded yet low profile (especially in the back), long for multitude of positions, narrow enough to get off the back quick and back on easily, real leather

A small relif section would be nice but its padded enough to still be comfortable. Pretty weighty for a $60 seat and expensive for a cro-mo seat.

Its a good comfy seat. Is big enough to have a large sweet spot. Seems to be a great seat for a trailbike. A little DH and a little XC, as close as it gets to the perfect seat for me :)

3 Chilis on value because its a little pricey and 4 chilis overall because a relief section would truly make it the 'perfect' seat

Similar Products Used: WTB Speed V, WTB Rocket V, Specialized Body Geometry Race, Terry Fly, and many more.
    Darin   Weekend Warrior [May 12, 2007]
    Strength:

durable, comfortable, long nose for easy position changes

Weight maybe. (365 grams) Can't think of anything else.

This saddle is my favorite and I have tried alot of different saddles. Bought my first Berseker about 10 years ago. It has taken alot of abuse over the past 10 years but is still comfortable. Recently the kevlar ripped when it snagged on something. I could have just reglued it but splurged and bought 2 new ones on pricepoint. The new saddles have a plastic molding under the kevlar so that it is protected. Definately a proven saddle at a good price!

Similar Products Used: Specialized, WTB, Bontrager
    Andy G   Weekend Warrior [Nov 15, 2001]
    Strength:

Strong rails, durable, good looks (cool Viking). Kevlar reinforced.

Could be more comfortable. Logos wear off pretty quick.

I bought this as a replacement when the Vanadium rails on my Vetta broke (props to Supergo for crediting back my purchase price). This one was on sale at Supergo so I figured I'd give it a shot. I bought a cheapo Specialized as a stand-in while I waited for shipment. Suprisingly, the vinyl Specialized was somewhat more comfortable, but I doubt it would have lasted long. Anyway this is a good durable saddle. I've considered upgrading it but why fix what ain't broke. I also recommend sticking with Cromo or Ti rails and forget about the super lightweight stuff found in some other saddles (i.e. Vanadium).

Similar Products Used: 2 different Vettas. Specialized.
    Steve   Downhiller [May 07, 2002]
    Strength:

Strong rails
    Good for getting off the back quickly for those steep chutes
    Kevlar rear section works like a charm, many urban bails have proved this.

Could be more comfortable. For how much I actually sit on it, it's not too bad.

Good saddle, super tough rails. Not too comfortable, but as long as the rails don't bend I'm happy.

Similar Products Used: SDG Comp, Koski junk.
    daemon Aw   Weekend Warrior [Mar 03, 2003]
    Strength:

Strong and good looking design... Holds up to expectations
    been using it for 2 years and the rails are still straight while padding has only started to just to harden.

For its weight, it doesn't offer enuff padding for its kinda weight

Good saddle but it's a funny cross. I wouldn't recommend it for DH cos it's padding is not good enuff.. why not get love seat? and for an XC saddle, it's too heavy.

But overall for my use, i found it okay so far

Similar Products Used: stock gt saddle, Tioga.
    Dave   [Jul 06, 2004]
    Strength:

Comfortable, solid rails

Leather quality questionable

Very comfortable even on long rides, whatever style. Rails hold up well. Was disappointed that the leather wore right down to the foam, I think you should be able to get more than a year out of this thing for the price. I'm trying the fabric "comfort" version now, if I get a year out of the cheaper one I'm satisfied.

Similar Products Used: This is the first CR-MO railed saddle I've used, I've trashed numerous aluminum ones.
    al me   Racer [Jul 19, 2002]
    Strength:

size is perfect (i can actualy sit on it) super comfortable, lightish (for a dh saddle it's super light) and it dosent have all kinds of cheesy colorful graphics on it...

skinny nose, if they were going to make it that big in general they could have put a bit of bulk (but what's there is very well padded) to the front, but this is nit pickin's

i'm a little country and a little rock'n roll, so i needed something i could bash up on urban, drops, bails and be comfy on for long rides through the gatineau, i ordered this in seeing it was concidered as a xc/fr/DH saddle and compared it to my old saddles, was a little worried but I am so happy with it... i'm 6'4 so i'm sorta skinny my friends a lard ass also tried it out and he's looking to get one, i dunno, i've landed funny on it, and felt fine. the WIDE rear padding makes it feel plush but not to plush so that you feel that the rear linkage of your bike is wobbly...

Similar Products Used: Bontrager fs+10 (almost same geometry except that the titec has about 1" more in the rear and it dosent taper in the back so actualy it feels like you've got an extra 2"'s back there... and the titecs rails are longer) WTB SSTX2 (anybody want to buy a brick on a post get this piece of cr@, even the "comfort zone" section is harder that the titec...