Tailbonez Saddle Saddle

Saddle

Tailbonez

Nelson Ho   cross-country rider [Jun 03, 1996]

The Tailbonez Gel Saddle is a nice comfort adder for those who don't like the brick that's disguised as a seat on their bikes. The saddle surface is synthetic leather and has gel padding underneath. It's wider than the hi-performance race profile saddles. It's not so squishy that it compromises performance. The drawback of the Gel Saddle is the added weight. Another drawback of this specific model/brand is the rail material. They were heavily oxidized after only a short period, making them look rather cheap.

Rob K.   cross-country rider [May 20, 1998]

Gel Seats rule! Anyone who hasn't tried a gel seat yet is a fool. Its worth the extra 2 lbs. that it adds to your bike. Just because gel seats don't look cool doesn't mean that you shouldn't give them a try. Once you do, you'll never switch back. I tried my buddies bike the other day and couldn't ride it more than five minutes without busting my nuts. The bigger, fatter, spring-ier, the seat is, the better it is. If you haven't tried this type of seat yet then maybe you just think your too cool. I'm proud of my fat-boy seat even though I'm not fat. What would you rather sleep on -- a mattress or a piece of kevlar -- this was the best investment I ever made on my bike. Ten stars. Whoomp there it is!

whiplash   Cross-Country Rider [Sep 20, 1999]
Strength:

the gel feels great on the tired old bones

in less than one season the gel pad burst and deformed the saddle feeling not so great anymore.
the cover wore thread bare on the verge of ripping.

try some other saddle

Similar Products Used: tried a schwinn racing saddle and needed it surgically removed.... it busted my bunns
Carlos J. Montanez   weekend warrior [Jun 29, 1998]

The Tailbonez seat is an excellent product. The gel is intended to simulate tissue, something that foam rubber can't do. Male cyclists should search the internet for +impotence+cycling and find out the medical benefits of gel. I will say this, better to carry an extra pound of dead weight on my bike now than between my legs 10 years from now!

btom   cross-country rider [Aug 19, 1997]

Didn't like it.
Squshy feeling, like I shit my paints and was sitting in it.
Gave it to the wife, she likes it.
I'll get a suspension seatpost instead.
That and a good pair of shorts will get me farther than a gell seat.
I'd give it 2 peppers, the wife would probably give it 4. average...

Ron   weekend warrior [Jun 29, 1997]

I have used the saddle for about three months now and it has done wonders to my
buns. Good solid rebound on the gel on moderate hits. Good feel. Heavy as you
would expect. It's all for comfort! I use to have a Bontrager TI saddle (which
was about the size of my open palm)that was great if you were riding standing
up all day. I switch the two depending if it's a morning ride or a group race
up and down the woods!

PBlum   weekend warrior [May 25, 1997]

Very comfortable, but after bending two sets of rails off road, I had to give up on this saddle (and I'm only 175 lbs.). I'd give this one 5 chilis if they'd make it with good quality cro-mo or titanium rails.

paula stich   cross-country rider [Feb 28, 1997]

this is the best seat I've ever owned, no more sore parts it's absolute bliss and believe me Ive tried them all.thanks