SQ Lab 611 active Saddle

SQ Lab 611 active Saddle

The saddles dampened lateral tilt allows it to follow the biomechanical movement of the pelvis on each pedal stroke.

[May 12, 2016]
chasejj
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Very comfortable, great length, low weight

Seat base will crack if you climb on the front of saddle. SQLAb does not even respond to requests for warranty.

Love the saddle at first. Very comfortable. Came from using a WTB SST which is a nice shape. Used an Ergon SM3 and hated it so I bought one of these. You ride it for a while and it flexes nicely is durable and adjustable. All great stuff. Then you stress the nose of saddle on a climb or getting on the bike and it snaps! The skinny part of the base will fail. Ruining the saddle. I have never broken a saddle before but now I have broken 2! I actually liked it so much I bought another one while I waited for the warranty I thought would come for the first one that failed. never came . Now I have 2 expensive broken saddles.

WTB SST, Ergon SM3, WTB Vigo

OVERALL
[Sep 26, 2014]
Forster

Strength:

Well build, great cover material

suspension created fit issues as the rear of the seat sags for me. Difficult to dial in/small "sweet spot". Lack of adequate channeling.

Ordered an SQLab Race CrMo and ended up with an older version of the SQLab 612, MTB Active (I think, can't seem to find information on this saddle on line). I used the standardSQlab measurement protocol and added two CMs for my ride position. With several adjustments and around 200 miles on the saddle, I'm convinced that this saddle is not for me. The position where my sit bones are supported seems too far to the rear of the saddle and even there I experience numbing during 17 mile commuting rides. Also I notice that I'm pushing myself rearward to stay in position which is causing hand fatique and palm numbing. The wide/flat nose seems like a great idea and I'm convinced that thinner padding or a deeper channel would help the numbing my case. The ride issues may be due in part to my size (6'2" and 209#), but I see nothing in any other reviews indicating this is an issue.

OVERALL