Specialized Prolong Revolution Carbontech C Saddle

Prolong Revolution Carbontech C

Specialized Prolong Revolution Carbontech C

Eric Hoefer   Cross Country Rider [Sep 04, 2003]
Strength:

Its lightwieght very low profile so i can get my weight back quicker

It is harder than a rock and very uncomfortable to sit on, would have replaced it by now but i hardly ever find myself sitting on the seat when riding

If you value comfort in a seat dont buy this, if you sit down alot when riding your ass will hate you. If you like a lightweight low profile saddle and find yourself up off the saddle 90% of the time like me then get it.

Similar Products Used: Stock seat that came on my last bike
Dan   [Sep 12, 2000]
Strength:

Can be used as an axe

See strengths.

Plus, a light seat does not do any good if it's at the expense of sitting on it.

I looked at the reviews of the M2 Comp, and almost every one of them commented on the seat. I'm old school, and thought that the younger generation just needs to know how a "real" seat feels. I've completed my first ride on the new Stumpy, and let me tell you that thing was designed by a Chineese torture artist. I feel like starting a support group for the other reviewers, and our first order of business is taking care of all of those people who are driving the rating of this product above a one. One of you hold them down while I bend over and show them my newly formed hemmoroids, then we can take the seat that's coming off my bike and bury it in their forehead--it's got to be sharp enough.

Anyone want to buy a seat? It's only been ridden on once, and I'll make you a really good deal on it. I'll even pay shipping!

Frank   Cross Country Rider [Jan 12, 2000]
Strength:

Easy to manuever on, comfortable (for me at least)

Poor construction quality

Everybody's anatomy is different, so comfort is relevant. For me this saddle is comfortable (no breakin period required unlike my vastly more comfortable and higher quality SDG saddle) and easy to manuever on. It's construction is less to be desired, however. The covering is only stapled underneath the nose area and came unstapled after a few rides. This didn't affect manueverabilty though.

Similar Products Used: SDG Bell Air
Dude   Weekend Warrior [May 26, 2001]
Strength:

Matched my bike color....looked like a pretty cool upgrade

come on...I'll type in some weaknesses when I pull the darn saddle out of my blistered arse

Thought it was a nice upgrade, looked pretty cool on my bike. I can't believe I paid 25 bucks for this enema on a seatpost. The rails already bent almost in two, the durn thing won't set right on my post, uncomfortable as hell. I will never ever buy anything again without checking the reviews for it.

Similar Products Used: nothing this bad
Rick Howard   Weekend Warrior [Jun 09, 2001]
Strength:

strong as a rock literally!!

crappy feel, hard as a rock, ouchies!!!

I had this on my stumpy and after my first ride on it which was for only a weekend miles, my ass was in soo much pain i was crying...DAMN!!! What is this piece of crap anyways?!?!? If it is a seat, it surely can't be made for humans asses to seat on...maybe for martian butt. My wife said i was walking like a monkee around the house...very funny!! Someone in the R/D dept @ specialize must really hate bikers and made designed this this this thing to hurt us during rides as some sort of revenge...well mister 'YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED!!!' if i ever get my hands on you, i make you ride on this as punishment. I let me friend rode this thing the next weekend cuz he wanted to try out my cool stumpy, which i think rules btw, and he complain about this seat too and uses words that i can't say on here :-P This thing has since went in the trash and now that i have the saddle from my old bike on this one, my butt is happy again and so im i. If i can give you 0 chillis, i would.

Similar Products Used: none as bad as this piece of lump
Dave E   Downhiller [Nov 01, 2000]
Strength:

um... can't rip it. that's about it.

I wonder if it'd be more comfortable to just sit on the seat post? ;) This thing is completely the wrong shape for anyone's butt-the central part is the highest, meaning sore butt hole. The bits that hold the saddle on the rails are showing serious stress marks and are cracking.

Specialized really need to wake up and realizing that they're equiping their bikes with unaccaeptable parts - bottom brackets (they all die in a few months), saddles (well just look at all the reviews here!) a cheaper specializde saddle gave my brother actual sores on his but!, the cranks aren't too popular either (my chainrings have worn v. fast) If you buy a specialized bike, get the saddle swapped for something like a WTB SST, an SDG comp, or anything else that you see a lot of people using happily, basically. Dont even consider buying this from a shop, even if they're offering it real cheap, cos the reason it's cheap is that it got swapped of a new bike by someone who realised!

Similar Products Used: various SDG saddles
Twister   Downhiller [Oct 23, 2000]
Strength:

It has a nice color, and as weird as this sounds, it's stiff. That just makes me get down the hill faster. That's why I like it

It is kind of uncomfortable, but that really makes me get places faster. Except up hill, but that's why I'm a downhiller

It's cool.

shawn   Cross Country Rider [Oct 01, 2000]
Strength:

what?

uhhhhhh... hard as diamond. My ischial tuberosities are inflamed and sore as hell. I'm now in a standing position describing this saddle. My buttocks are chaffed.

Don't do it man...... save yourself. Run Run far away from the saddle.

Similar Products Used: other saddles
Tim   Weekend Warrior [Jul 05, 2000]
Strength:

Colors...that's it!!!

Ouch!!! "Earth to Specialized" SIT ON YOUR SADDLES!, and you'll know what we mean when we say "OUCH!!!"

To quote a famous beatles song. "You say you want a revolution", well you can have mine!!!