Specialized Phenom Gel Saddle

• Patented Body Geometry design
  • Carbon reinforced shell
  • Hollow chromoly rails for off-road durability
  • Gel and tuned density foam padding
  • Tough, light and water resistant Micromatrix cover

dan haxmeier   [Oct 07, 2014]
Strength:

Quite comfortable

Bought in 2012 and today found out that it developed a crack underneath seat to the point that it tore a hole in my bike shorts. Took it back to where I bought it. Asked them if they ever heard of a seat cracking, they said sure it was a defect it that particular seat. Warranty only good for one year. I'm thinking if is known to have a defect it should be replaced for no cost. Am I wrong in thinking that? If so, no more buying specialized

I was very pleased with that seat until it cracked. Never heard of a seat cracking.

DaveMav   [Jun 01, 2013]
Strength:

very lightweight and extremely comfortable and just happens to look killer.

if you are thinking of getting one just do it because its a excellent saddle you wont regret getting.

Elemental277   Cross Country Rider [May 25, 2011]
Strength:

-Comfort
-Weight
-Gel nose for climbing
-Comfort

-None yet, but just purchased recently

I have only used this saddle a few times; however, it it the most comfortable I have ridden, period. The stock seat on the Stumpy could bruise your tail bone.

I blindly bought the second saddle from Performance last year and it was o.k. aesthetically, but the comfort still wasn't there.

After 12 miles yesterday, I didn't want to go home. The saddle works flawlessly and the gel nose is amazing for steeper saddle climbing.

I would definitely recommend getting "fit" for the saddle. This is the first time I have tried this and I am pleased I did. You simply sit down on a gel pad thing and it marks where your tail bone is. Then the dude measured the width and calculates for your average riding position.

This saddle may or may not be one of the better on the market, but I offered 5 Chilis b/c it's the most comfortable and best that I have ridden. I would definitely recommend it!

Similar Products Used: -Forte Pro SL Ti
-Specialized stock BG
-Bontrager (cushy for RH HT)
dblspeed   Cross Country Rider [May 14, 2011]
Strength:

Very comfy, reasonably light. You can actually sit on the gel nose during steep, long climbs.

Shorts, both lycra and baggies, keep getting stuck in the square edges.

Very comfortable saddle even with the light padding thanks to the BG shape and the flexy frame. The square edges become a major annoyance because they catch pantsaggies.

Similar Products Used: WTB Laser V Stealth. Specialized Romin, Alias, Henge.
bgfthntr   Cross Country Rider [Oct 23, 2009]
Strength:

Well made, technology filled, thought out design, 2 sizes available

Hard and too square (for me)

This is a well made saddle, The gel nose is fantastic and was for climbing very technical steep sections. For me the saddle didn't not fit me very well. I had the 143mm and I need a bit wider. I would recommend giving this saddle a try but it didn't work for me. It's more of a racer setup.