Specialized Milano Sport Gel Saddle

Specialized Milano Sport Gel Saddle

Specialized's Milano Sport Gel Saddle puts you in the lap of luxury with their renowned Body Geometry technology, which optimizes ergonomics for a truly custom fit and unbelievable comfort. Its center channel eliminates pressure points, while the padding is anatomically placed to give you just the right amount of support exactly where you need it. Plus, this sweet seat also features plush gel inserts to insulate you from rough roads and cushion every ride.

[Apr 15, 2017]
paulmich

Strength:

Very comfortable, perfect size

pricey

I bought this saddle about 4-5 years ago as the stock saddles that come with most bikes are terrible. I have used this saddle on a hybrid bike and now my Giant XTC hardtail mountain bike. This saddle really takes the hurt away that the stock saddles give you. I plan on keeping this saddle forever as I cannot find a better replacement.

[Apr 05, 2015]
Max

Strength:

This saddle fits my "undercarriage" perfectly.

Some older models have cheaper quality rails

I own 3 different models/versions of the Milano, one for each of my rides and they are all brilliant!
Saddles are really a personal choice but this one fits my "undercarriage" perfectly. It is wider at the rear so the shape does not interfere with pedaling but provides perfect comfort.
My oldest version is black/grey and has thick, raised padding. I've owned this saddle for years. The covering is a bit shiny and slick as most saddles were when it was made (prob early 2000's?). One or 2 small rips but perfect otherwise and clearly made to last.
The second one is from around 2007 and is grey, not as thickly padded but quite "meaty". Has also not deteriorated much and still in great condition. The rails on this model seem a bit cheaper that the earlier and later versions.
The newest model, as pictured above is clearly the culmination of lessons learned from its predecessors. This saddle is lightweight, sleek and very comfortable without looking heavily padded. It looks great and is very deceiving in that you would not immediately identify this as a "comfort" saddle but after a few hours you really appreciate the sleek comfort. It's not as thick as earlier models, but it doesn't need to be,
There is a new model out which I haven't tried but if it has the Specialized Milano name, it's sure to be good.

[Apr 29, 2013]
mainlyfats

Strength:

175mm is comfy for this A$$.

Boat anchor. It's a comfort saddle. Bike people will laugh.

Screw 'em. Too comfy to pretend I'm enjoying racier models. Am I the only person in the world who would pay for Ti rails on a saddle like this? #probably

Almost every saddle under the sun

[Aug 25, 2012]
jmyjmy

Strength:

Light, looks fantastic, and fairly comfortable on longer rides

after about 250 miles the leather has started to come out from under the front of the saddle

although this is a great looking and comfortable saddle I am not happy with the way the leather cover is starting to peel back from under the front of the saddle. In this price range I expected higher quality workmanship. I'm going to try some leather cement and see if I can repair it.

[Oct 28, 2011]
xrayvizhen

Strength:

A lot of bang for the buck, cutout eliminates numbness, gel padding not too soft yet not too hard either and provides good support for the sit-bones.

None yet

The Bontrager R1 that came with the bike was literally a pain right up the old wazoo and a Bell "comfort" saddle (that I had lying around) that replaced it was too soft and caused a considerable amount of chafing. I don't have much natural padding back "there" so I originally felt I needed a soft comfort saddle but I was wrong. The Milano Sport Gel is firm where it needs to be yet comfortable right under the sit-bones. The cutout completely eliminates the numbness I had with the other two saddles. The cover material allows you to move around a bit and change position while riding and all-in-all I'm very pleased. I don't think it's designed for road racing, but for someone sitting in a less aggressive position on the hoods or on a hybrid or mountain bike I think it's just about perfect.

Bontrager R1 and a squishy Bell