Specialized Henge Saddle

• "Medium" nylon-reinforced shell
  • "Medium" rated ultra-light padding for all day rides
  • Lightweight hollow chromoly rails
  • Rounded rear for snag-free racing
  • Tough, light and water-resistant Micromatrix cover

Zach L   All Mountain Rider [Mar 22, 2014]
Strength:

Firm but comfortable. Good overall size that gets out of the way. Center channel that eliminates numbness.

Switched from a Specialized Phenom 143mm to a Henge 155mm and love it. I would get sore after 2 hours on the Phenom, and just rode 4.5 hours with the Henge with no complaints. 4000 feet of climbing with no numbness. Make sure to get measured for the correct size and plan with the angle to get dialed in. I ended up pointing the nose down slightly so once mounted with rear suspension sag the middle of the saddle is leveled flat. Good price and Specialized will let you return/exchange until you find the right saddle.

John   [May 01, 2012]
Strength:

Comfortable . Came stock on a Stumpjumper Elite. Felt good with no break in at all. Seat cover holds up real well.

Broke in half at just about 1 year of use, right through the carbon reinforced base pan. Seat cover and foam still intact.

I would buy another. This is the only saddle I have ever had fail (about 8 different saddles through the years). I figure it's a fluke defect. I'm hoping the Specialized warranty covers it.

WhoaThere   Weekend Warrior [Mar 04, 2012]
Strength:

Comfortable. Looks good. Very well-made.

After trying dozens of Saddles over the years I've finally realized it's NOT ABOUT PADDING--it's about SHAPE. This Saddle feels very firm, and yet it's very comfortable. Reading reviews of Saddles is mostly a waste of time--the only valid criterion is: does your butt match the shape of the saddle. Fortunately my LBS has a Henge-loaner, and I only had to ride a short distance to realize this was the right saddle for me. My advice: Try before you buy.

Similar Products Used: Tried almost every one
kzeiszler   Cross Country Rider [Aug 01, 2011]
Strength:

So comfy, light, looks great

price

I will be honest I used this on a road bike but it was my favorite saddle of all times even on all day rides my butt never hurt. I dont know about trails but in my opinion great saddle.

Similar Products Used: all city, indy xc
Devastazione   Cross Country Rider [Feb 19, 2011]
Strength:

amazing comfort and grip

not sure if the rubber will last long/white color not the best choice for offroad stuff...

I own 2 other fancy carbon bikes that both came with what is today considered the best bike saddle on the market,the mighty Fizik Gobi XM,a very good saddle that pales in comparison with the Henge.
During the first rides I had to stop multiple times to check if everything was ok with the shock as the whole thing was way to soft and comfy. Amazing saddle bar none !! I'm gonna buy a black one for my black Lapierre X control,I don't care if the USA brand may look bla on my posh french rig.

Hill-Pumper   Cross Country Rider [Dec 28, 2010]
Strength:

Does not snag on anything

Uncomfortable

I gave this a good solid chance, but in the end it just was not a comfortable seat for me. I never really noticed it much while riding, but afterward I always felt it. I had my LBS do the whole seat fitting with the Specialized gauge to make sure it was the right size, so that was not the problem. No matter how I placed this saddle, it just did not work.Also, padded shorts are a must to even think about using this thing. I switched to a WTB Rocket V Race and all is well.

Similar Products Used: WTB Rocket V Race
aknoefel   Cross Country Rider [Jul 04, 2010]
Strength:

The rounded back helps when you slide back on steep downhills to come back up.

After 45 minutes I had cramps and sore spots and needed to get off the bike and stretch

Very uncomfortable, even though this saddle is supposed to be the one with more padding then lighter models.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Rival, WTB Vigo, WTB Pure-V
mcjosh13   Weekend Warrior [Jun 29, 2010]
Strength:

Extreme comfort, Tapered back doesn't get caught on baggy MB shorts, Perfect amount of padding, Stiff, Supports sit bones perfectley

None yet

The best saddle I've ever tried. Feels extremely stable, easy to maneuver around and very comfortable. Make sure to get it sized properly to your sit bones.

Similar Products Used: WTB laser, Stock Bontrager Saddle
dromond   Cross Country Rider [Apr 21, 2010]
Strength:

Excellent shape. Snag free. Extremely comfortable. Relatively lightweight.

Maybe price. But then again I'm pretty cheap.

This is the most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden. I use the 143mm width as recommended by the Specialized sit bone measuring device. I've had a ton of saddle discomfort over the years and so for this thing has been a dream.

bowhuntermac   Weekend Warrior [Apr 02, 2010]
Strength:

Seat was light and the rounded back was snag-proof.

Was like riding on a rock. After 30 minutes I was ready to take my chances with the seatpost for the rest of the ride.

Looks good, ergonomics look like they would be great for sliding behind the saddle without snagging, etc., but even adjusting the saddle several times I just could not find a sweet spot where it was comfortable for more than a few minutes riding. My taint is still killing me! Overall looks like a great idea but the saddle is stiff as hell and does not cut it for long rides in rough terrain.