Specialized 03 Telluride Saddle Saddle

Specialized 03 Telluride Saddle Saddle

Our most affordable version of the MTB specific Telluride line. Incorporates the same design features developed with Ned Overend with more affordable materials to provide a value packed saddle.

[Jul 16, 2003]
George

Strength:

Price, looks, performance, reviews by others.

None so far.

This is a great saddle for only $40. The stock saddle on my bike was a Bonty mid-grade with a gel pad right at the base of my nuts, like that is gonna help the jolts? Bonty makes crappy saddles, I've had 2 of them (came stock on bikes) and pitched them both after a couple of rides. This Specialized Telluride saddle is a GREAT seat for the money. If you buy one, you'll be thinking all the other saddles out there are "To Hell You Ride!" 5 setamin turds all 'round.

Trek, Bontrager, Serfas.

[Jul 10, 2003]
Ken

Strength:

Price, Looks, Shape

NONE

It would take a great saddle to suplant the WTB, and this one does. Cant beat the price for comfort. Long term durability is the only thing in question

WTB Speed Comp (very good)

[Jul 10, 2003]
Hank

Strength:

Very comfortable. Good looking.

sticky leather. No cutout means no air - saddle heats up from butt and friction. pants/shorts make big difference.

Saddle width fits between a technical and comfort saddle. also, the body geometry design extends the saddle further back ... better on dh. Gets really hot when wearing some shorts, and there's no cutout so no air circulation. I think this is more comfortable than wtb rocket v, but the heat bugs me. Overall, one of the best saddles I've tried.

WTB rocket race 03' , trico sports memoflex airflex, Trek OEM, mongoose pro dual density

[Aug 23, 2003]
Rob

Strength:

Lots of padding, comfortable even after 5 hours in the saddle.

Poor quality leather, the grey and black color wears off ( also stains light colored shorts). The rails bend and became loose under normal riding conditions.

I'm now on my 3rd seat since April. The grey and black color wore off after 2 months on my 1st one so I returned it to my Specialized dealer and he replaced it. The same thing happened on the second seat, along with the seat rails becoming loose and beanding. I returned that one and am now on my 3rd seat. I think it is a great saddle but Specialized really missed the boat when it came to quality. I hope they offer a higher end Telluride Saddle for 2004 that will last more than 2 months.

Specialized Comp

[Jun 25, 2003]
Wm. L.

Strength:

Price, comfort and decent weight

None considering the price.

This would be a great seat even if it cost 2x more. My going out and buying a second one should be proof that it's a fine product. The softness seems better or more appropriate on my rigid single speed than it does on the trail bike.

Many over many years.

[Jun 23, 2003]
sam doodlesnicker

Strength:

Look, Weight, Comfort, PRICE

None so far but have only had for a short time

This is a great saddle at a great price. I purchased for 39 dollars at my LBS. I was dying on long climbs with my SST and needed a change. Financial considerations pointed my tpwards this seat. Its only 40 dollars and it weighs in at less than 300 grams. Not bad. The feel: its quite comfy I am still getting used to actually wanting to sit on slightlt bumpy sections of the trail. This seat made them comfortable. I am sure it will lengthen my rides

WTB SST

[Jun 16, 2003]
Rich

Strength:

Just the right amount of cush, and wide, especially for big-behind riders like myself. Light and sleek-looking. Strong ro-mo rails give a sense of security. Just 40 bucks!!!

None.

I originally mounted this on my road bike to replace a dying Squadra. I found it extremely comfortable, especially on rougher roads. However, it felt a little wide when I'd scoot back during long climbs--sometimes made the meat around my sit bones a little sore. This was a small inconvenience. When I put it on my mountain bike to replace a crappy stock SDG, I realized the true potential of this saddle. No soreness AT ALL--especially none of the soreness that I felt on my road bike. I think I'll buy another one just in case it falls under the same curse as most other good saddles and gets discontinued.

San Marco Squadra (the king of all road saddles), WTB (the king of mtb saddles--until now), and SDG (seams galore=saddle sores)

[Sep 08, 2003]
Stretch

Strength:

Total comfort -- all the time.

None detected so far.

I was beginning to think that life was a choice between bicycling or emasculation until I came across this saddle. The Telluride is a dream come true -- comfortable, fairly light, comfortable, narrow, comfortable, well-priced and comfortable. The marketing material indicates that Ned Overend led the saddle's design. Thanks, Ned -- job well done!

Specialized BG, WTB Laser, Trek, and others.

[Feb 06, 2003]
Roy Kanemitsu

Strength:

Price, Body Geometry technology

The Telluride is the most comfortable saddle I have ever used, at any price. It has lots of nice cushioning and the Body Geometry relief groove. The saddle looks nice with the two-tone leather. I like the saddle so much, I put one on my Cervelo triathlon bike, too. I have ridden the saddle in Ironman-distance races and have gone on many 100+ mile training rides with no soreness/numbness.

Bontrager FS2000

[Jan 24, 2004]
jimi doo

Strength:

Soft cushion, middle cut, wide tail, light

Price

Looking for a new saddle that was softer than my really old one and had a middle cutout.

Tried the 04 Specialized Milano Ti but its cut is too aggressive. Had a small sweet spot on the saddle.

04 Telluride Pro is one of the softer saddles out there. Decent middle cutout. Give it a try.

04 Milano Ti, Fitzik