Sette Rev Saddle

• 283mm Lengh
  • Plush soft cover and supportive Super Light foam padding

[May 25, 2013]
Eric J

Strength:

Comfort, Durability, Value, Longevity. Had this saddle since 2008.

After riding 5,000 miles on this saddle, I don't think I can come up with any negatives. This saddle has served me well and I will be buying a new one of the same make and model.

I bought this saddle for dirt cheap, 15.00 It lasted 5 years. If you know how to properly sit on a bicycle saddle, then this saddle is very comfortable. The high end, high buck saddles feel like a rock compared to this one. I will buy this saddle again.

[Oct 20, 2010]
ventura

Strength:

Cheap, graduated rails for adjustment

Painful

This is the most uncomfortable saddle I've ever ridden. I used it for a few short days on the trainer, then on one 40 mile ride. It's very inexpensive, but it's just not worth it. Spend a few more dollars and buy anything else.

WTB Speed V, Speed V pro gel, Comfort, many other saddles

[Aug 07, 2009]
trailville

Strength:

Cheap, comfy, and not too heavy.

durability?

If you're looking for a cheap seat that has enough padding to ride without padded shorts, but isn't so fat as to look and feel like a granny seat, give the Rev a shot.
I have a lot of bikes and generally ride more expensive seats, but the more expensive seats are pretty much designed to be used in combination with padded shorts. So I was looking for something cheap with a little more padding than my normal seats to use on my towny bike (so I could comfortable ride without padded shorts). So far the Rev is working great for this. I even purchased another one for my rigid trail bike (once again for the extra padding). While the Rev has enough padding to use without padded shorts, it's not so fat that it feels weird to use it with padded shorts either.
And 300 grams is actually pretty light for a cheap padded seat.
Durability might be an issue, but for $15.00 you can just get another one.

WTB Rocket V Pro, WTB speed V, Terry Fly,

[Jul 01, 2009]
Bubba from Valpo

Strength:

Comfy

Hard to find right position

I combined this with a Sette air suspension post. No more numbness or sore butt.

Specialized

[Mar 10, 2009]
yellowjeep

Strength:

Inexpensive. Looks good. Similar shape to WTB

None that I know of yet

For 15 buck this seat is hard to argue with. It has the slightly sloping rear similar to a Pure V which is also a favorite. The rev is simple and clean looking and seems to be pretty tough. I will by another when need be.

WTB Pure V

[Feb 22, 2009]
schmitty8225

Strength:

This bike seat is comfortable. I was really surprised when I first sat on it. It has markings on it I guess for different angles for the seat to be at. Having it at 0 is perfect for me. It is also strong. I took a nice fall on it and scratched it up against limestone for a good 10 feet. The limestone had a texture of rough cement with small pebbles in it. All that happened to the seat was some rubbed off rock on it. I brushed it off and it was fine. I was really expecting this seat to rip and be ruined but it came out perfect. To me this seat was also a fairly small seat. I was expecting a fatter and bigger seat but I was surprised when I opened the box and saw a sleek and skinny seat.

The seat picks up smells very easily. Ive used the seat for about 9 hours and it already smells like someone took a dump in it and left it out in mangroves for a year. It may just be my butt is really smelly which is a big possiblity but I don't think it should smell this bad after 9 hours of riding.

This is a great seat. I would recommend it to anyone to try. The strengths of this product far outweigh the negatives. The seat durability was tested on my first extended ride with it and it passed with flying colors. The smell is not a huge weakness because nobody should be sniffing my seat. I am looking for a new seatpost because my current one can not grip a seat. My previous seat slid all over and this one does to but not as much, with my experience with Sette products I will be tryint their Venn seatpost to go along with this saddle. schmm.itty@gmail.com

Some Avnir seat and a Specialized one. The Avnir one was the one that came with my bike and it was not comfortable at all. It was big and fat. The specialized one is the seat that comes on the Hardrock and this Sette seat is thinner than it. I havent sat on the Specialized one for an extended period of time but the intial sit on the Sette was more pleasent than the Specialized seat.

[May 24, 2008]
Eric Johnson

Strength:

Comfortable, wow! I never thought a saddle this small and skinny could be so comfortable, It is also lighter than the other saddle which it replaced. It does not soak up so much water like previous saddles used due to being covered with synthetic leather.

I cannot find or think of any. This saddle cost me 15.00 and I feel that I got my money's worth modestly speaking.

I always thought that this kind of seat was going to be hard on ones behind, So, I always went for the ultra plush comfort gel seats. Still I was always getting the numbness in the groin from sitting on the saddle incorrectly AND using a seat which did not fill my needs. It seems that the low profile seats which are slimmer and dont take up so much space between your legs and have less surface to put so much pressure in certain areas are the way to go.
I am now riding much more comfortably now.
I am glad I made the decision to go with a little perfomance upgrade and got much more comfort along with it! All for 10.00 less than I was paying on average for those comfort seats.

Memoflex II, GEL TYPE, Selle stratos, another GEL TYPE, Comfort seats.

[Jun 10, 2007]
Mike

Strength:

Very cheap, fairly light, comfortable.

No scuff pads on corners.

Cheap and very comfortable. No protection for crashes, I haven't torn it yet but it's probably only a matter of time.

WTB, various.