Sette Race Ti Leather Saddle Saddle

Race Ti Leather Saddle

With the Race Ti you don't have to suffer the consequences of an uncomfortable lightweight saddle. The Race Ti features a layer of EVA foam & a ultra soft leather cover. The Ti rails provide shock absorbency & reduce weight. 198g

Cookie_Monster   Racer [Aug 02, 2006]
Strength:

Leather cover
Ti rails
cheap
very light

OUCH!!!!! Butt pain!!!!

Hey, this seat is a bargain. But I get numb riding it after 30 minutes. My porker of a sofa seat WTB Pure V is much better for 1-2 hour rides. Must be the "whale-tail" design that my butt likes. I'd honestly use the Sette only for racing, but even then, I like more comfort in the long run - less tiring in a race. There are more comfy saddles in the same weight range, but you're gonna pay 3x-4x as much.

Similar Products Used: WTB Pure V OEM
Thai Hua   Cross Country Rider [May 10, 2006]
Strength:

-Cheap
-Light
-Comfort

-None

Great product. Better then my Specialized BG Rival and so cheap for an Titanium rail saddle. Really recommended.

Similar Products Used: -Specialized BG Rival
Jason   Cross Country Rider [Jun 13, 2005]
Strength:

Light, inexpensive, flexy enough for comfort. Ti rails, leather cover.

Maybe too flexy for a full-on race saddle. Being picky: the graphics on the saddle rub off after the first ride, but personally I think the saddle looks better without them.

You can't beat this saddle for the price. I know it won't suit most "racers", but its a comfortable saddle that cuts weight. Maybe a little too much flex to provide sufficient energy transfer when grinding it out.

esmundo   [Nov 16, 2004]
Strength:

light, base with good flexibility, price

none so far

It's rather unwise to review a saddle because everyone's rear end is different. Comfy for me could mean disaster for you. But for an unbelievable price which could only get you another swap out stock saddle, who can go wrong. For those who have experience on light weight/race saddle may found this a real treat, with a thin layer of padding on a flexible base, I've found it to be really comfortable. And for those who have always been hesitated to get a race oriented saddle because of the unsure comfort level marked with a somewhat rediculous price, here's your change to tried out a dirt cheap but quality product which can compare with those that cost 3 times as much.

P.S. I used this on my road bike which means much more saddle time compare to mountain riding. And just for reference, I'm a lightweight rider with bony butt.

Similar Products Used: selle italia trans am, gel
Jason   [Oct 06, 2004]
Strength:

It's light and looks pretty cool.

It's just what it says.......a race seat.

Make no mistake, this thing is a race oriented saddle. that's what it's billed as and that's exactly what you get. No frills (or padding!). For the price(point) I can't complain. I knew I was getting a light seat with minimal padding but I didn't know how minimal. It has less padding that the photo makes it look like (and the photo doesn't look like much padding!). I've gotten used to it but, I would've stuck with the higher priced Terry fly or similar had I known how little padding this had.

Don't get me wrong, SETTE does right by you on this one. $29 bucks hardley gets you a bike tube anymore so to get a Ti seat that's less than 200 grams for this price is insane. So, I give it a pretty darn high rating because me being delusional about my purchase shouldn't be their fault!

Scott   Cross Country Rider [Jun 18, 2004]
Strength:

cost, weight (sorta), comfort, durability

none (yet)

The price is the best feature of this saddle - cheap! It's also fairly light and quite comfortable. I've only been riding on it for about 3 months, but so far it's shown great resistance to wear and damage (from crashes, sweat, water/mud, scratching, etc). In terms of comfort, it's not a lazy boy. But for a lighter, race-oriented saddle, it's actually quite comfortable. I would recommend this product to the dedicated XC rider or the casual racer. I'd say it's probably in the upper 25% of saddles in terms of comfort and weight, but when you factor in the price, it's gotta be close to the top.

brandon   Weekend Warrior [Aug 08, 2004]
Strength:

super light, very forgiveing, strong leather

none yet

i love this seat. its light, which is why i bought it, and is forgiving when you rack yourself. and its comfortable too as long as you dont sit on it for a long time.

Similar Products Used: none
John   Weekend Warrior [May 02, 2006]
Strength:

Light weight, comfort, smooth cover

None so far

With the usual disclaimer that saddle comfort is individual- This saddle is the BEST. Light with a smooth leather cover and a great shape. Lets you move when riding without catching your shorts or chaffing your thighs. Minimal padding, but with the way the plastic frame flexes a bit none is needed. I've ridden 2-3 hours rides with no problems. I use it on XC and road rides. (Not sure I would trust it for big drops, freeride, etc.)

Similar Products Used: Selle San Marco, WTB, others
gary stoughton   Cross Country Rider [Dec 10, 2005]
Strength:

Lightweight,looks good,fairly comfortable,cheap...cheap...cheap?

none so far

This saddle looks cool and is under 200g,seems to be well constructed and it's cheap!!With the thudbuster under it,it's pretty comfortable,without it?I'm not going to try to find out!For $25 this is as good as it gets!!