Sette Nyx Saddle

• Rails: CrN/Ti
  • Width: 134mm
  • Lengh: 265mm

alg   Cross Country Rider [Jan 05, 2010]
Strength:

nice sleek design - light weight

not so confortable - week railing

very comfortable upon purchase but with months of use the seat became uncomfortable. finally after a 1.5 years of usage one of the rails snap in half. im only 160 lb. and mainly used in XC riding.

StabMasta   Cross Country Rider [May 22, 2009]
Strength:

Light, sleek, well built

Uncomfortable and almost no padding

I bought this saddle because of the reviews I read on this site. Out of the box, it appears to be well made and is very light. I'm 5'10" and 175lbs so I'm not exactly a featherweight, nor am I a porker. The bottom line is this saddle unleashes an anal pounding on my cakehole every ride! I've ridden about 75 miles on this thing and it makes me hate waking up in the morning. For those of you familiar with Goatse, that's how my arse feels after riding on the Sette Nyx. I recently tried an unknown model of the Specialized BG saddles and I WILL be switching very soon! The Nyx would be ideal for a BMX bike or disciplining a child, but not for the kind of riding I do.

Similar Products Used: WTB saddles
debusama   Cross Country Rider [Apr 05, 2009]
Strength:

Light, Cheap, relatively comfortable for the price and weight.

I quality heavier saddle will be more comfortable.

I was always looking for places other than the saddle to cut weight knowing that a bad saddle can really ruin a ride, and because I like to take long, all-day rides. After reading all the glowing reviews, I was beginning to thing that this 190g saddle might actually be as comfortable as the speed-V saddles I was used to. When it came in the mail, it looked like such a tiny sliver of a saddle; I thought I had made a mistake. I took it for a nice long 6-hour ride yesterday to see how I like it. It is much more firm than what I was used to, and I could feel it right away. Despite the fact that it wasn’t as comfortable as a 400g saddle to begin with, it never got any worse. At the end of the ride, it wasn’t causing me any pain. Right now, however, I can feel as I sit in my office chair that my sit-bones are a little bruised, which wasn’t happening before. It is about as comfortable as a saddle this light can be, but I’m not going to give it all five stars because it isn’t THAT comfortable.

I would recommend the saddle for someone who is looking to cut weight and doesn’t mind a very firm saddle. Don’t expect it to feel like other saddles that have and extra 150g of padding.

Similar Products Used: WTB Speed-V
Tim Blabbing   Weekend Warrior [Nov 03, 2008]
Strength:

196 grams light, looks awesome, surprisingly comfortable.

Price. If the ground looks at this thing wrong, it'll disintegrate.

I've had this saddle for 2 months now, I do weekly city rides. Compared to all the other saddles I've had this is the most comfortable. The weight is excellent. I'm using Sette's APX post, and the two paired together look incredibly trick. However, two gripes: This saddle is not meant to touch the ground or be bashed at all (this is not a legitimate complaint for this type of saddle, but it'd be perfect for me if it were kevlar covered), and I don't care for the price. Please explain to me how Sette's own Lynx saddle, which has a more complicated construction with a center cutout while using the same fancy rails costs $10 less? In this case, making a simpler, lighter saddle costs you more... Yes, the price is excellent compared to all the ridiculously expensive offerings from Fizik and Selle, but if it were less I'd actually buy some spares.

Similar Products Used: WTB Speed V, WTB SST, Performance Bikes Topo Comp, Specialized Body Geometry Comp.
SpyderPride   Cross Country Rider [Oct 11, 2008]
Strength:

light!
causes no pain
good looking
plenty of room for adjustment

nothing so far

Awesome saddle, hands down. Time will tell if its durable or not, but it seems well made.

It feels firm, but you can ride a long time without feeling any pain or numbness if its adjusted to you correctly, along with the rest of the cockpit. Even better when used in conjunction with a chamois. You're not going to get a soft/plush saddle in this weight class, but I can't imagine anything performing better than this one.

Similar Products Used: WTB Speed V
Bontrager Race
shark67   Racer [Sep 28, 2008]
Strength:

price, weight, durability, leather, looks

not a mainstream brand?

This saddle blew me away! I bought it in desperation because of price, but after using it for an endurance race, I realized this was the perfect saddle for me. It is very light-weight (lighter than most high-priced equivalents) with just enough padding. I never had pain in the sensitive areas when riding. I purchased a WTB Rocket V in the meantime, but never even mounted because I've been so happy with the Nyx. I've used it for training and racing, and have not found anything to complain about. I've been trying to find something wrong with it, but I just can't. Sette is the best kept secret out there! You just can't beat this saddle for what you get for the dollar!

Similar Products Used: Bontrager Race, Giant, WTB Rocket V ti
appgap   Weekend Warrior [Jun 16, 2008]
Strength:

Comfortable, light and nice liking

None so far

This comfy saddle knocked 160 gm of of my setup and didn't break the bank.

Similar Products Used: WTB and several different Selle saddles
John   Cross Country Rider [May 22, 2008]
Strength:

Comfortable, Light, Sharp Looking

None yet

I cant believe how comfortable this saddle is, I saw the reviews and thought i would give it a go. Ive ridden on tons of bontrager saddles, some being their top of the line carbons, and i prefer this one to any saddle ive used before. Its a great buy if youre able to get over the subtle sette logo.