Sette IXA Gel Titanium Rail Saddle Saddle

Sette IXA Gel Titanium Rail Saddle Saddle

Whether on race day or any day the Ixa saddle excels at any role.Gel positioned in the support points offers excellent pressure relief. Titanium rails provide excellent shock absorption and the soft leather cover provides optimum comfort. 274g

[Oct 29, 2008]
Homebrew7

Strength:

Cheap, light, some padding

Cheap

This saddle was on my commuter, one of the rails snapped when I was coming down a curb. I'm a Clyde so it may be meant for average people, but I am skeptical of the actual titanium content.

WTB

[Apr 05, 2007]
Brad

Strength:

fairly inexpensive "titanium" railed gel seat

titanium rails are weeeeeaaaaakkkkk. One of the rails snapped on me as I was attempting to get over a log on a hill climb.

Not worth the cash. Attempting to get a credit under the one year warranty so I can buy a good saddle.

[Oct 12, 2006]
Will Wheels

Strength:

Good saddle, relatively comfortable, more comfortable than the saddle I had before

The so called titatium rail snapped. It doesn't even look like the rails are really titanium, possibly coated. Either way its seems pretty unacceptable to have this break. I was cooling down, didn't even hit a bump when I felt a weird crunch underneath me.

?? Be warry

[Oct 09, 2004]
Curtis

Strength:

Light-ish, gets some Ti bling on my ride

Gel? There's gel on this saddle? I didn't know because it's stiff as crap.

See, when I thought "GEL", I was thinking "the kind of stuff that's squishy and doesn't feel like a block of cement". Apparently when Sette meant "gel" they meant "stiff and uncomfotable".
This saddle is so not worth the money, the only advantage is the low weight, but for 34 bucks, you could do a lot better.
One chili for the poor value, two chilis overall because the weight is low.

Stock seat

[Aug 30, 2004]
Brett

Strength:

Comfort! reasonably light considering how much comfort this seat provides

hmmm none that I Have discovored, This seat is great for
trail riding and training, If you want a ultra light seat for race day you should keep one around and ride on this the rest of the time.

The bottom line is this seat with titanium rails is going for only $34, it looks cool and feels great, it is noticably lighter and more comftorable than my bontrager 2000 seat but it does not have the low weight of race seats, then again I would not want to be riding on a ultra light race seat unless it was race day anyways,
If you want a great seat for a great price look no further!

bontrager 2000 of 2001 trek 8000.