Serfas Women's RX Saddle

Serfas Women's RX Saddle

• Women's specific design
  • Deep groove technology assists in eliminating pressure in soft tissue areas
  • New Dual Density Base technology allows base to flex in critical areas

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 30, 2009]
    Ecogeek

Strength:

Comfy. Durable.

Pretty heavy. 460+g.

This is on my Mrs' MTB for comfy commuting. We got the LBS to throw it in when we bought her bike. It's on a Kalloy Guizzo 45mm travel suspension seatpost that I customised by drilling the elastomer to suit her weight. She uses a lighter (300g) Ti saddle on a regular post for proper trail riding esp when there's some climbing involved.
    She loves this saddle, but also loves not having her lungs invert on long, steep climbs. Can save about 170g using a dif saddle for that. If you want a comfy, durable saddle at a reasonable price, this is for you. If weight matters, then either get a 2nd set-up for the best of both worlds, or look elsewhere. This is built for comfort and so deserves a top rating for doing what it's supposed to do. Esp comfy for me when I borrow her bike cos my saddle is super-light and proportionately uncomfortable.

WTB speed V, WTV Rocket Titanium.

[Feb 07, 2007]
    Cyndi

Strength:

This is a very comfortable saddle. It doesn't matter if your wearing jeans or bike shorts, your more comfortable longer. The Seat was sold as a Mens/ Womens model, but is used by a woman. The bottom of the seat model name is Serfas HY RX

The seat rails can bend if jumped (trying to show off to my 10 year old son). Even though they were bent, the nice feature about the saddle is it was easily disassembled for repair. The rails were easily straightened in the vise which isn't always possible with all saddles.

This is definately worth the money. It appears the cost of entry for a good saddle is about $50 to get one that uses gel rather than inexpensive foam and is firm enough to be comfortable. Any woman should purchase a seat of this quality of better. It is imperative your comfortable in the saddle. When originally put on my old bike, it was the difference between riding and not riding. Four chilis overall due to overall comfort but less one for bent seat rail which was easily repaired (you may not jump like I do).

Used the Speed She but didn't like it (a $30 saddle). Used stock Schwinn on previous bike and it wasn't any good. (a $10 or less saddle).

[Nov 28, 2001]
    Rhonda

Strength:

Cut away relieves some of the pressure from the soft tissue. No bruising on the sit bones

The padding is too soft and doesn't always provide good support. The cloth cover sticks to shorts which can make it difficult to move about on the seat.

I used this saddle two days after getting very badly bruised from my old one. It didn't aggrevate the previous pain but it did cause discomfort in other areas. If you ride on a regular or weekly basis look for a different saddle.

A beat up and very uncomfortable WTB.

[Apr 05, 2004]
    Lorie Buckley

Strength:

Super cush ride, no soar spots, worth the added wieght. My last saddle (Satellite SDG) was brutal.

Weight, seems like it will tear easily, but a least my butt wont hurt anymore.

I cant believe I waited this long to change saddles, The differrence is amazing. Ladies this seat rules, I rode yesterday for the first time this season and was really sore, you know what I am talking about...can't sit down it hurts so bad. I bought the Serfas this morning and rode tonight, even though I was really sore from yesterday I could ride without pain. Great purchase if you suffer from this problem.

Satellite SDG and some old Specialized seats.

[Apr 28, 2006]
    claire

Strength:

I bought this seat very soon after I bought my bike in 2000. It is the only reason I can stay on my bike for more than 20 minutes. Very comfortable, has lasted a VERY long time through lots of abuse. Fits me well. It dries pretty quickly [after many washes!]

The butt pads are a little large, more made for a full-on size 12 [no offense], so my butt doesn't necessarily need it to be that large. It makes it difficult to get behind the saddle when I am going downhill.

This saddle has lasted a long time. The top layer of material came off, but it didn't seem to make a difference. The cut-out is fabulous. I can't recommend this saddle enough.

stock saddles [specialized rockhopper 2000]

[May 31, 2007]
    Kristy

Strength:

I have had this seat for 7 years and I have used it and abused it and it felt great until its last ride. The seat is so comfortable, yet very well sized. I have never had any pain or numbness and with the torture I have put it through, I honestly can't believe it has lasted this long.

The lining eventually tore and I tried to nurse it along with Duct tape for a few months before the foam fell off during a race. BUT over all it was very durable and lasted much longer than any other comparably priced seat probably would have.

This is a great seat. The day it finally fell apart was a very sad day for me. I already have scoured the internet for another one and hopefully will have it in a few days. I would recommend this seat to anyone! Hopefully the new seat will last another 7 comfortable years. If I could give 10 flamin' chilis I would!!!

Stock seats???

[Jul 25, 2004]
    Kim R

Strength:

This saddle is unbelievably comfortable. It was recommended to me by one of the salesguys at the local bike shop. After trying 3 other saddles with the cutouts and having no luck, I was going to buy one of the big cruiser type seats. The salesguy explained to me that people think they need to go bigger and wider to get a comfortable seat, but with a woman's shorter but wider pelvis, I would be much better off with this model. He was right! After looking at it in the store, I figured I'd be bringing it back later that day. Much to my surprise, this saddle really fit. I took it out the next day for an 18-mile trail ride, and not once did I feel uncomfortable. No bruising (which I had with the other models), and no irritation either. Amazing! No break-in period needed whatsoever.

Don't like the plastic molding at the back. Thought it would pinch my skin, but it doesn't at all. The plastic doesn't affect my use of the product, just looks a little odd. I'll trade comfort for looks ANY day!

You'll love this saddle. The most comfortable of all that I've tried. No bruising, no irritation, and I feel like I could ride for hours with it. Not a bad price and well worth the money.

Terry Women's Butterfly Ti, Performance Forte Contour Women's Saddle, Specialized Comfort Plus Women's Saddle.