Serfas Reactive Gel Saddle

Comfort Saddle

Crai   Cross Country Rider [Jan 29, 2017]
Strength:

Comfortable when the bolt doesn't break and you land on your ass.

The bolt snapped in half throwing my to the ground.

The steel is made in china I believe. While riding it snapped in two and I landed on my ass nearly Breaking my wrists. I have contacted the com[any and may consider a law suite...

Paul W.   Weekend Warrior [Aug 26, 2015]
Strength:

Sharp-looking, gel comfort

Not made in U.S.A.

I bought this a year ago, and had no idea that Serfas had been making the Reactive Gel since 2003. That alone is testament to it's success and popularity. The Selle Stratos that came with my bike was junk. Then, I went to the Serfas RX (the best gel saddle on the market). Then spent a few years on the Avenir Comfy Road. Now, with the Reactive Gel, I get the sportiness of the Comfy Road and almost as much plushness as the RX. Somehow, Serfas managed to make the Reactive Gel a good-looking gel saddle (pretty rare).
I've had no problem at all with the saddle and it has kept me comfortable on 60 mile rides (I ride cross country, mainly on roads, sometimes carrying 40 pounds in my backpack). Sharp looking and gel comfort. A very respectable saddle for a good price. Detracted one star for not made in U.S.A.

Similar Products Used: Avenir Comfy Road, Serfas RX, Selle Stratos.
commiebomb   Cross Country Rider [Jun 27, 2009]
Strength:

Comfort. Well priced.

None to date.

I love this saddle. I have not been using for very long but it is a giant step up from the stock saddle that came with my bike. I am 6'2" and 200+ lbs and this saddle is extremely comfortable. Add that in with the fact that the item is only $25.00 and it can't be beat.

Similar Products Used: This is my first non-stock saddle
IstongKowldPaRin   Weekend Warrior [Apr 08, 2009]
Strength:

PLUSH... Most comfy saddle that I have ever used. Feels like a La-z-boy on a bike.

Prints on the saddle peel off within the first few days of use. Covering looks fragile -- although mine is still far from disintegrating.

Have a tender ass? Get this saddle. You won't regret it.

Brian Wachholz   Weekend Warrior [Nov 05, 2006]
Strength:

Comfortable, Cheap

Could use a tougher cover. I'm lucky to not have ripped the lycra yet.

Great seat if you're on a budget. Really comfortable for the price. It's not the slickest thing out on the trails, but it gets the job done. My only complaint is the lycra/spandex covering. I feel like I should be overly cautious about letting it get wet or ripping the cover on one of those unexpected meetings with branches and thorns.

hamid   [Oct 14, 2007]
Strength:

extremely comfortable

confirm other review - the covering. but the bike store orders me a new cover for $5 every 18 or 24 months.

i can actually use my bike for long rides without fear and apprehension. to the devil with those worthless seats from the underworld, along with the memories.

this is an excellent seat. expect the stock cover to disintegrate after a year or two of use. no worries, just order a new cover. could be the newer models have a durable cover, i couldn't tell you as i'm not planning on replacing this seat any time soon.

Michael Halliwell   Cross Country Rider [Jan 01, 2006]
Strength:

comfortable for the long rides, wider saddle, good quality

little heavy (if you're concerned about weight), style (not as chic as a racing seat)

As a bigger guy, I find racing style seats can be a real pain in the rear during or after long rides. I mean really, a 6' tall 200+ lb guy is going to wear a 5" wide racing seat like a hard plastic thong after a decent ride.

At 7" wide and with a gel top, this seat is a lot more comfortable. It narrows to a decent nose so that you can still handle the technical stuff but provides excellent support and padding for other parts of the anatomy for when you're just riding around town.

It may not be as sexy as a racing seat, but it is comfy and doesn't interfere when you're on your favorite trail. Add to that the fact, as another reviewer stated, it "protects future generations" and it's a pretty darn good saddle.

Similar Products Used: stock Bontrager, several aftermarket saddles
Dr. Blake Johnston   [Mar 05, 2005]
Strength:

Soft. Feels like sitting in a Cadillac when riding. Big difference from my expensive 'racing' seat. Screw that, I don't race, I want to be comfortable enough to go the distance - this seat does if for me.

????

Fantastic. Screw that skinny cardboard shi#. I like to be comfortable as I trek and this seat makes the difference.

Similar Products Used: WTB Rocket V; Avenir products; Bontrager
Gordon Liddy   Weekend Warrior [Mar 06, 2005]
Strength:

Soft and comfortable.

I really like this seat. Riding an extra 10 miles now is much easier as my prior seat would beat me to death or I'd end up standing up most of the time. Makes the nice coastal rides much more enjoyable now. Gel works great.

Similar Products Used: too many to list
F5Rider   Cross Country Rider [May 03, 2003]
Strength:

Cost. Compare other saddles at $50. Comfort. Very comfortable for long rides, a blessing to my butt after a Coda 900 'racing' seat. Company. Serfas is well known and produces excellent products. Groove. The Groove, acts like a split to reduce numbness, added comfort, and protects important items *cough*. Most newer saddles are designed this way for a reason. Older 'classic' saddles can be dangerous to your future offspring they say... So, yes, great grooves. Did I mention the price? Go to Freewheelin, they are good people.
Recommended by other users.

A little big, but its trade off is comfort. Not the 'coolest' looking seat out, but who is looking underneath your butt anyway? Plus for the cost, I think it looks great!

Excellent product. When you consider the price, its a smart buy. Highly recommended to frugal riders seeking comfort versus style.

Similar Products Used: Many MTB Seats Used.